Steve Jablonsky Is A God

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Steve Jablonsky Is A God

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

The Transformers score is finally out and it is amazing. It's worth the money for a clean version of "Autobot Arrival".

I can't believe we had to wait for this whereas the cheap, cash-in popular music CD was out when the movie was released months ago. At least now the wait is over.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

New Blanche, new Hooverphonic and TF orchestral in one week? It must be Christmas!

ETA: does it have the music from the first part of the convoy out of Hoover Dam, right before the highway chase?
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Yes, "The Final Battle" has that theme in it. Just about every piece in the movie in one track or another. For instance, "Decepticons" has the choir piece that is used for Frenzy's POTUS hack and Starscream's roll call.
Rawtooth
Padawan Learner

Post by Rawtooth »

I'm listening to it right now and all I can say is fuck yes!
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Re: Steve Jablonsky Is A God

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:The Transformers score is finally out and it is amazing. It's worth the money for a clean version of "Autobot Arrival".

I can't believe we had to wait for this whereas the cheap, cash-in popular music CD was out when the movie was released months ago. At least now the wait is over.
Lucky man. I have mine pre-ordered with the DVD. Can't wait for them to arrive!

The first CD was just, ugh, why bother. I'm glad I read up on it before putting cash down. Gimme a score soundtrack any day over that other nonsense.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Indeed. I hate when they do that crap, the only decent song on there was the Linking Park track in the film and I have that already.

But Jablonsky's score is perfect for the movie and even beats the Zimmer score for PotC:AWE now I think about it.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Dammit, I didn't think it was out until the day of the DVD release here.

Best Buy, here I come.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

The site I was going to get it off doesn't stock it, which is a shame since I'm getting the two-disc tin edition of the movie from them. They should make these things more readily available.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I couldn't agree more.

Its sad that I had to get my Transformers soundtrack fix off YouTube clips for so long.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

True, it is weird how they got whole tracks a month or even three before the score was released. Internal leak?

The "Decepticon" theme was up there in July!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:But Jablonsky's score is perfect for the movie and even beats the Zimmer score for PotC:AWE now I think about it.
Yeah, this was easily my favorite score from the summer IMHO.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Goddamn, this music is incredible. Even the opening "Autobots" track alone is worth the price.

Only up to "Optimus" at this point, but so far, its making the night at the office go by fast.

Jablonsky better return for the sequal, because I want a track named "Nemesis", dammit
-Agent Kay
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

I've been waiting for this score since the first time I saw the movie. I was holding myself back from whacking people on the head for saying the movie's music score was bland and had no discernible themes, when I identified at least four themes by the second time I saw the movie.

I wonder if Hans Zimmer will take it away from Jablonsky like he did with Klaus Badelt for Curse of the Black Pearl now that the movie is a hit.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Old Plympto wrote:
I wonder if Hans Zimmer will take it away from Jablonsky like he did with Klaus Badelt for Curse of the Black Pearl now that the movie is a hit.
I really, really hope not. Jablonski earned a ton of respect from me (and a lot of other people too I'd imagine) for his work on this movie, and he deserves to expand on his own themes.
-Agent Kay
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Oooh, catchy! :P

I really dig the Decepticons theme, but I haven't gotten further than that. I barely remember the movie or it's themes, even though I saw it twice (might see it again if I can get into the IMAX showings).
XXXI
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

FUUCCCKKK.

Its not available in Aus yet.

I had Skorpinox for a while, but I'm going crazy for the rest of the thing....
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

So somehow Australia is disconnected from the Internet except for this site? :P
XXXI
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

I was talking about LEGALLY getting it, given that the Australian iTunes store doesn't have it :p

I always try my best to find music I WANT legally before....alternatives.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Hey! Who said I did anything illegal to listen to it? Besides, the illegality is questionable in Canada, at best. :P
XXXI
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

What is with Amazon being retarded about release dates? They say this doesn't come out for a couple weeks, and they say that Absolute Sandman Vol 2 doesn't come out in a couple weeks either, despite it having shipped to stores YESTERDAY.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I have it and it's ace. :D I would heartily recommend it to anyone that either likes film scores or who has never bought one but might be considering it.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:What is with Amazon being retarded about release dates? They say this doesn't come out for a couple weeks, and they say that Absolute Sandman Vol 2 doesn't come out in a couple weeks either, despite it having shipped to stores YESTERDAY.
I have the same problem and am still waiting for mine to arrive with the bundled movie. I saved some money buying them together, with the free shipping, so I guess it will be worth it.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Well the movie isn't due out until the 16th, so it would make sense that your order hasn't shipped yet.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Well the movie isn't due out until the 16th, so it would make sense that your order hasn't shipped yet.
Yeah, I know. For some reason I thought the score CD (that I thought had already shipped) was shipping separately from the DVD in my order, but I just checked and it's coming in one shipment. Sometimes if a part of a multiple order is delayed, the in-stock items will ship separately.
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Post by Davis 51 »

I'm going to buy it real soon. I saw it in IMAX last week, and I got so many fucking chills from the Autobot arrival scene and the Air Strike on Scorponok.
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
I'm talking about a trained monkey.
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus