Stereo gear pictures

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Stereo gear pictures

Post by aerius »

As some of you know I dig hi-fi stereo gear, most of which I unfortunately can't afford. Not only does the gear sound damn good, I think it looks pretty cool too.

Artemis Labs vacuum tube amplifiers

The entire room setup

Closeup of the Artemis Labs pre-amp

Turntables, CD players, and amps

Picture of the whole room

Opera Divina loudspeakers
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Tasty.

What do you think of NAD equipment?
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

My dream set of speakers, clocking in at around $14,000 a pair, the Beolab 5 speakers by Bang and Olufsen. These by far, have been some of the best speakers I have ever heard.

Clocking in at a close second is the ADAM S3A speakers. I enjoy these both as listening speakers and as studio monitors. While they sometimes have the tendency to be a tad bright, many have found to have less ear fatigue when listening on them:

While I haven't had the privilege of listening on this amp, I have used Manley's other outboard processing and have a good deal of faith in their products. Here is the Manley Stingray stereo amp:
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Kanastrous wrote:What do you think of NAD equipment?
It's been around 10 years since I last heard NAD equipment so I can't really remember that well. I remember liking it at the time and that's about it.
Saurencaerthai wrote:While I haven't had the privilege of listening on this amp, I have used Manley's other outboard processing and have a good deal of faith in their products. Here is the Manley Stingray stereo amp:
Haven't heard Stingray yet, but if it's anything like the rest of their lineup it should be darn good. I've heard their Neo-Classic 300B tube amp along with the Steelhead phono stage and they're both really good. The great part is they both have lots of knobs to twiddle so you can fine-tune and optimize the sound for your stereo system.

edit: Just remembered, they also have a Manta Ray with an iPod dock which is in the prototype stage. Clicky Vacuum tubes and iPods, is that cool or what?
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

The store owner's "research room", where he evaluates new equipment before public debut. Those black panel things are actually speakers which I'm told have a rabid cult following amongst audio enthusiasts.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The black panels are Quad ESL-57's, released way back when in you guessed it, 1957. They're electrostatic speakers and run at several kilovolts, in other words, licking them is not a good idea.