My model room's almost done

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Thag
Jedi Knight

My model room's almost done

Post by Thag »

Well, I moved into a new apartment back in October, and I had enough space to set up a model work/display room (as opposed to whatever floorspace I could scarf in my old place). Now that it's almost completely set up, I want to show it off. Don't mind the dust on some of the older ones.:D

Tool rack/expansion space
I'm probably going to put another shelf in here for unbuilts, since I'm out of space in the display area and I still need to bring up the last of my finished stuff.

Tables
Work table on the left, airbrushing on the right.

Display shelves
This is where everything's stored right now. The to-do piles are on the top and bottom shelves, sci-fi's second from bottom, armor in the middle, ships and armor overflow second from top.

1/700 ships
The small scale fleet. There are still a few stragglers back home, but they'll be up shortly.

Large ships and extra armor
A couple of my 1/350 ships. The rest of the larger stuff is still awaiting transport. Also a couple tanks in temporary storage.

Armor, right half
Half of the main tank shelf.

Armor, left half
The rest of the tanks.

Sci-fi, right half
Some of the spacecraft, mostly trek, various scales.

Sci-fi, left half
The rest of the spacecraft. Even starfleet must be wary of the German army!
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Dig it! :D

Especially love the T-35 next to the Tiger; size comparison is a lot of the fun in modeling to me.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Thanks. The T-35 is one of my favorites. Utterly ridiculous it terms of practicality, but it looks freakin sweet.
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
NomAnor15
Padawan Learner

Post by NomAnor15 »

I really wish I had the time, patience and motivation to put together that many models. That is just too cool. I especially like the "armor shelf".
"I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish." - Homer Simpson
Huh. That's less than 10 condoms per person. Though, assuming an even split between gender, that's almost 20 condoms per penis, so I certainly hope that would suffice for the three weeks they're there. -Alferd Packer

This sentence is false.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Thag wrote:Thanks. The T-35 is one of my favorites. Utterly ridiculous it terms of practicality, but it looks freakin sweet.
Practicality and operational history mean precisely jack and shit. Looking freakin' sweet is what modeling is all about. :D

Which kit is it?
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Re: My model room's almost done

Post by Master of Cards »

Thag wrote:-snip pure awesome-
This gives me an Idea to make a webcomic from phyical models.
NomAnor15
Padawan Learner

Re: My model room's almost done

Post by NomAnor15 »

Master of Cards wrote:This gives me an Idea to make a webcomic from phyical models.
This has been done, in fact. With Legos.
"I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish." - Homer Simpson
Huh. That's less than 10 condoms per person. Though, assuming an even split between gender, that's almost 20 condoms per penis, so I certainly hope that would suffice for the three weeks they're there. -Alferd Packer

This sentence is false.
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Frank Hipper wrote:
Thag wrote:Thanks. The T-35 is one of my favorites. Utterly ridiculous it terms of practicality, but it looks freakin sweet.
Practicality and operational history mean precisely jack and shit. Looking freakin' sweet is what modeling is all about. :D

Which kit is it?
It's the styrene ICM kit. I'm thinking of going digging for the T-28 as well, but that's on the drawing board. There's too much good 1/350 stuff coming soon.

Also, another awsome comparison, also in 1/350:
E-nil and Arizona