Bellydancing done right.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Bellydancing done right.

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

That boy needs therapy!

So I happen to love bellydancing, it's tied with contemporary dance as my favourite dance style. My friend Moxio, who also happened to be the one to get me into bellydancing in the first place, did a performance piece in Chicago. Not that far out of the ordinary is it is pretty much her career.

What made this one special though, was that she did it to The Avalanches' "Frontier Psychiatrist", which makes it ten kinds of awesome in my book.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Wow.

Excellent choregraphy to the music, first off. With a non-traditional selection, especially one as seemingly chaotic as that song, it takes a lot of work to find the right musical theme or line to follow for a particular part of the dance. Just following the drum line isn't enough. Second, her isolation is fantastic, which helped her hit the musical themes she wanted to emphasize perfectly. It takes a lot of control to move only the muscle-groups she -wants- to be moving; I've never been able to get that fully under control myself. I can see why she's making a career out of this, she is extremely talented!

So when do you show off your skills, Oni? :twisted:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

LadyTevar wrote:So when do you show off your skills, Oni? :twisted:
Well, I certainly never 'show off' when she's around for the simple fact that she can put someone twenty times better than me to shame without breaking a sweat.

But... give me a good drum-circle and I tend to not care anyways.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee