Photos of a park. (Flowery Goodness). [56K]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Photos of a park. (Flowery Goodness). [56K]

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Photography from Ra'annana park in Israel. A nice little place, I used to go to the huge adventure-gym there when I was younger. It seems a lot smaller now...

I love putting the camera on burst and seeing what happens :).

There's a 50% chance that I'm deathly allergic to wasps, so comment on this shot and my innate heroism ;).

I love the texture of the flower & the detail of the petals "veins" in this shot.

Can we say "Depth of Field"? Experimentation :).

Flags waving in the wind...
Horse's broken arse. Nuff said
This gets fun if viewed with the rest of the bursts series, and magnified. I like the sight of droplets of water frozen in mid-air, looking like insane sculptures. (Once magnified of course ;)).

Please comment.
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2008-05-06 02:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Nice stuff. In that last image of the fountain, it really does look as if the water is actually frozen, especially the part to the upper left.

Nice work with the flower close-ups too. Post more!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

FSTargetDrone wrote:Nice stuff. In that last image of the fountain, it really does look as if the water is actually frozen, especially the part to the upper left.
Don't you mean middle left, or lower right?
Nice work with the flower close-ups too. Post more!
Well, you did ask for it ;).

P4184179

P4184199
P4184201
P4184212
P4184214
P4184218
P4184219
P4184225
P4184232
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

DEATH wrote:Don't you mean middle left, or lower right?
In the specific picture you posted here, I kind of meant the "part" of the water that's sort of bubbling up from the center (so yes, middle left, whatever) of the rock. It looks more "solid" than the water flowing and splashing off to the side, and so more like ice.

Anyway, nice work with the rest of the newer items. You have a nice variety of flowers there.

What is that dark line in the water that the birds are sitting on in that picture with the seahorse statue?
nickolay1
Jedi Knight

Post by nickolay1 »

That's a honeybee, not a wasp.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

FSTargetDrone wrote:
DEATH wrote:Don't you mean middle left, or lower right?
In the specific picture you posted here, I kind of meant the "part" of the water that's sort of bubbling up from the center (so yes, middle left, whatever) of the rock. It looks more "solid" than the water flowing and splashing off to the side, and so more like ice.

Anyway, nice work with the rest of the newer items. You have a nice variety of flowers there.
What is that dark line in the water that the birds are sitting on in that picture with the seahorse statue?
Feed to the water-fountain in the middle of the lake.
nickolay1 wrote:That's a honeybee, not a wasp.
That's what I thought at first, since it does seem to be pollinating, but the body seems wrong to be a bee, its too thin and translucent, with no "fuzz". :?
Photography
nickolay1
Jedi Knight

Post by nickolay1 »

There does appear to be thoracic fur, which, as far as I know, would disqualify it from being a wasp. It also has balls of pollen on the rear pair of limbs. Though it may not be a honey bee, it most certainly is a bee of some type.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

nickolay1 wrote:There does appear to be thoracic fur, which, as far as I know, would disqualify it from being a wasp. It also has balls of pollen on the rear pair of limbs. Though it may not be a honey bee, it most certainly is a bee of some type.
After examining other shots of it, yeah, it does have fur, so it is some sort of bee (If not a fat little honeybee).
The can clearly be seen on its "Riff" in these shots.
Photography