Horses Gone Wild (56K warning)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Horses Gone Wild (56K warning)

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Are the 56K warnings really necessary? :P.
I spent a few hours last weekend taking some shots of horses in some retired officer's mansion, and in case there are any animal/horse lovers here, thought I'd upload a few for your communal perusal :D.
Oh, this is also my first album with a shots taken with my new 35mm F2.0 Canon EF lens ;).
Look! It's a shallow FOV!

a quickr pickr post
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
bozazz
Youngling

Re: Horses Gone Wild (56K warning)

Post by bozazz »

Beautiful. You seem to have caught the "wild & free" part of the horses. Are you a professional photographer?
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

bozazz wrote:Beautiful. You seem to have caught the "wild & free" part of the horses. Are you a professional photographer?
No, I wish :(.
Currently I work in the military (but not as a photographer), I haven't made a penny off of my photos so far.

Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I've been lied to, again! Where is the horsie sex that's implied in the title?

Nice pictures. I think you could try turning down the contrast a bit in the bright sunlight pictures, the shades & colours will look more natural that way. It's best if you can do it on the camera itself, but the Curves tool in Photoshop works nicely as well.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

aerius wrote:I've been lied to, again! Where is the horsie sex that's implied in the title?
What can I say, I know my audience. If most buggers here don't have an interest in fine art, implied bestiality will draw them in :D.
Nice pictures.
I'm a bit dissapointed really, the light and colours really felt shitty to me (barring a few pictures), not sure why. I'll need to find someone who's done horse action shots for next time to get some inspiration. (Any suggestions? And no, "swimmer" or "cyclist" does not count as an animal. ;))
I think you could try turning down the contrast a bit in the bright sunlight pictures, the shades & colours will look more natural that way. It's best if you can do it on the camera itself, but the Curves tool in Photoshop works nicely as well.
You and your photoshop :P.
I'll give it a try, I'm annoyed at how shitty the colours and light came out, it's so damn muted and muddy, I can't quite put my finger on it. (Which is odd, since the weather was great).
Photography