Music like "One More Kiss, Dear"?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Haruko
Jedi Master

Music like "One More Kiss, Dear"?

Post by Haruko »

Wondering if anyone here has any suggestions to give, so here's my question reposted from my forum:

Vangelis, "One More Kiss, Dear".

One of the more interesting Google search results I got had the following opening post, which expressed my thoughts well:
I'm looking for more music like the song "One More Kiss, Dear" from the Blade Runner soundtrack.

I'm looking for really old sounding stuff. Like a thin voice or recording, not one that's very full like Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, or even Bing Crosby (which I think was from the same time period that I may want music from). Helen Forrest is a female singer in the style I'm looking for. Nice, relaxing music that just sounds nice.
From here. I searched for a few of the names mentioned on that page and one of a few songs I found on the YouTube that sounded similar enough was Peggy Lee's "I Only Have Eyes For You".

Before Googling for similar songs, Billie Holiday was obvious for me. Besides that, a few Christmas songs came to mind, most readily Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song".
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
Joviwan
Jedi Knight

Re: Music like "One More Kiss, Dear"?

Post by Joviwan »

Pandora might be your friend in this. If you aren't familiar with it, it uses the Music Genome Project to find music similar to whatever it is you're looking for and plays it through their 'radio stations' feature. So you could create a radio station called "White Rabbit", and it would find music similar in sound and structure to that tune. You could also make a "Jefferson Airplane" station, and it would find music that has similar sound and structure to what JA generally encompasses.
Drooling Iguana: No, John. You are the liberals.
Phantasee: So extortion is cooler and it promotes job creation!
Ford Prefect: Maybe there can be a twist ending where Vlad shows up for the one on one duel, only to discover that Sun Tzu ignored it and burnt all his crops.
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

Wow, that's really neat. Every single song it's pulled up for me so far is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

how about The Ink Spots the sound track to the post apocalypse.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin