Prop 8 Protest in Los Angeles

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Prop 8 Protest in Los Angeles

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

First, the story
Several people are arrested after about 500 break away from rally in West Hollywood.
By Nathan Olivarez-Giles
11:16 PM PST, November 5, 2008
Protesters demonstrating against Proposition 8, the gay marriage ban that voters approved Tuesday, clashed with police in Hollywood late Wednesday.

The Los Angeles Police Department issued a citywide tactical alert, requiring all available officers to respond to the protest, LAPD spokesman Officer Jason Lee said.

Several people were arrested when a group of about 500 people broke away from the larger demonstration that began in West Hollywood earlier in the evening. Lee said that as the protesters moved along Hollywood Boulevard, they tried to cross a line of officers. In one case, a demonstrator jumped onto a police car.

Despite the arrests, the protest was mostly peaceful, Lee said.

Police were stopping traffic along Sunset Boulevard in an attempt to move protesters there, Lee said.
Next, my pictures.

Streets:

CNN Headquarters:

LAPD:

Hollywood and Highland:

And now my commentary:
My feet hurt. We walked 10 miles total. From the corner of Santa Monica and San Vicente to the CNN Headquarters on Sunset and Cahuenga to Hollywood and Highland and then back all the way to Santa Monica and San Vicente. I didn't exactly plan on it but I saw the crowd last night and we decided to see how far they'd go. I have to say though that I think the LAPD was a little excessive with the whole citywide tactical alert and riot police out in the streets. It was very peaceful and we had car after car honking for us (The best part was when the semi-truck honked its horn). I caught a glimpse of the guy jumping on top of the police vehicle. But other than that and a few arrests, it was good exercise.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Re: Prop 8 Protest in Los Angeles

Post by Shinova »

I've seen the car honking too, but it happened both for the no and yes demonstrators in my city.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!