"And Winter Came" from Enya

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

"And Winter Came" from Enya

Post by Kitsune »

Granted it has been out for all of one day but asking people who like her music if they have listened to this one yet?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: "And Winter Came" from Enya

Post by Broomstick »

Um.. no. Since I haven't had a chance to obtain a copy.

I did see an ad for it, though, and all I could think was "Holy shit, it's been 20 years since Watermark? Where does the time go?"
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I think youtube's got a video release for the first song off it.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Bought this today. I'm definately liking it so far. It's perhaps not as good as Amarantine, but it may grow on me. The penultimate track is very definately not what I've come to expect.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

AMP, anyone?

EDIT: Also, no I haven't bought it yet, but I might check it out, since I generally like her music.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

I listened to the preview tracks at Amazon and seemed good so picked it up myself today
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Rule #1 of Enya: Do not talk about Enya. Even you you like Enya.

(PS - Storms in Africa 1 and 2 are arguably her best songs ever. Nothing else even comes close, except maybe Ebudae - so I will approach this album with skepticism.)
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

ah screw your foofy new age music anyways

In all seriousness, though, I can't really say much about her as I've only heard a few songs, only that a lot of new age music tends to raise an eyebrow or two involuntarily on my part.