Andrews AFB JSOH Open House 2009/2007/2005/2004

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Andrews AFB JSOH Open House 2009/2007/2005/2004

Post by MKSheppard »

So I was there and I filled up two 2 GB SD Cards with about 200~ photos; and here are some of the choice picks:

Link

Each photo is about 400~ KB; and because I'm gonna post this in multiple places; I decided to go with this method of linking to my Photo Gallery instead.

No F-22 on the ground this year; nor B-1B.

But as way of pennance; a B-52 was completely open for inspection; they were even letting little kids climb up the crew ladder. :lol:
Last edited by MKSheppard on 2009-05-19 10:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Re: Andrews AFB JSOH Open House 2009.

Post by Hawkwings »

Awesome. Places where you can take pictures are awesome. I'd share my pictures of my tour of Edwards AFB, complete with two F-22s taxiing not 200 feet from where I was, but, erm, I don't seem to have any pictures. Darn security and all...

Those heritage flight photos are sweet. I'd love to be part of that formation.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

They seem awfully reluctant to show the F-22 up close. Security? I was at a AFB near Pittsburgh airport and they didn't let anyone look at the aircraft, except some parents with children. *grumble*

Nice photos by the way.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Probably don't want you getting close enough to throw rocks and such at it. That skin covering is expensive stuff.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Dammit. You people do this shit on purpose. Here I am within near-walking distance of Air Force Basic training for the ENTIRE AIRFORCE, and not an Air Show in sight - suppose I'll just keep snapping pics of my pumpkins.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

That AC-130 has 6 speedboat kills. Intriguing...

Also is that an AH-6 or is it an MH-6?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I am unfamiliar with the scorecard symbols on the Thunderbolt - what do they mean? I get the trucks and the locomotive, but what about the rest?
Last edited by Thanas on 2009-05-19 08:20am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

From top to bottom:

V-1 Flying Bomb/Doodlebug kills
Trucks
Locomotives

[These ones I'm guessing]
Bombing Missions
Rocket Missions
Fighter Sweeps
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

The V-1 silo looked more like an Me 163 to my eyes?

Damn though, this looked like more fun than Avalon was :P
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
MKSheppard

Re: Andrews AFB JSOH Open House 2009/2007/2005/2004

Post by MKSheppard »

Added an assload of photos. YOu can access them here at Link
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

Pretty sure the unknown MRLS is a HIMARS.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

JointStrikeFighter wrote:Pretty sure the unknown MRLS is a HIMARS.
Agreed. Looks like HIMARS.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

It’s HIMARS with an improved version of the standard FMTV truck’s low signature armored cab. The rest of the launcher is totally unchanged, about one battalions worth of launchers is being armored as we speak for service in Afghanistan. Iraq gets by fine with our hoard of MLRS launchers which already have armor protection.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956