Space fighter, or submarine, its 50/50

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Space fighter, or submarine, its 50/50

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

I had a couple of spare afternoons at work, so I knocked up a little space fighter to get back into Lightwave and pass the time. A guy I know on Flickr made a painting of lots of little fighters chasing another ship through an asteroid field, and one of the ships caught my eye as it had an interesting shape. I made the basic shape, then started tweaking and enhancing and detailing it. This is the (nearly) finished result, it just needs some decals and maybe some colour changes.

I called it the Dolphin, for obvious reasons, and with the shape and Scuba style colouring it also looks like a fancy submarine. I played on that a bit and also made the engines look a bit like impellers as well.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Space fighter, or submarine, its 50/50

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Make it an amphibious vessel! LAUNCH THE AMPHIBIOUS SQUADRON!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

I like the lifting body aspect of it, though the engine set up reminds me of the microfighters in SW that I don't like so.... to each their own.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Which microfighters are you talking about? I cant think which ones you mean?
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

Feels like it ought to be underwater to me, a nice aqua Caribbean sea, with whatever you call this effect Image applied as a gel to your lights.
PERMANENTLY BANNED after being convicted of child sexual abuse.
Temujin
Jedi Master

Post by Temujin »

Very nice, but I think it's better as a personal mini-sub than a space fighter. Although in the vein of a personal submarine, a space based society might have a similar type of personal space craft, just for having fun. :D
Mr. Harley: Your impatience is quite understandable.
Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry... I wish it were otherwise.

"I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe.
If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other." – Frankenstein's Creature on the glacier[/size]
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

I plan on doing a scene with lots of 'caustics' all over the place to make it look underwater, but I also want to do a little aerial or space stuff as well.
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

Hey yeah- why can't it be both?
PERMANENTLY BANNED after being convicted of child sexual abuse.
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

Has kinda a "Seaquest" feel to me.

What was the name of the mini-sub?
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

I never watched the show, it sucked a bit too much for my liking. Someone told me the little subs were called whiskers or stingers or something.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Sorry for the delay, busy weekend.

The aft end with the duel nozzles looks a lot like the Jedi Fighter from AOTC to me. Though the lifting body is really nice and I like the sweeping tail, the engines look to small for the build and being recessed just look off. Usually my complaints about the Ethersprite (pretty sure that's the AOTC ship's name). Don't get me wrong, in general your model is really cool.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

It looks more like a submarine to be honest. Very nice.