Practice Sketches...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Practice Sketches...

Post by Big Orange »

Ok, here's some sketches I've done the last month or so:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: Practice Sketches...

Post by Big Orange »

Some more sketches:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Bottlestein
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Bottlestein »

^ Nice optio. Though Thanas can correct me if I am wrong (likely :wink: ), but didn't they mainly carry clubs to discipline the troops in the lines before them?
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The guy's supposed to be holding a pilum and not one of those practice/riot clubs (no page space for the pointy tip).

Here's my sketch of Soviet jet plane's cockpit:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I've gotten round to framing one of my paintings:

And here's a strange bug creature:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Some Discworld fanart:

I really like these drawings and better still I drew them without any references, getting the cartoonish facial features and expressions right (while making them look quite solid). I wonder where Havoc and TheMuffinKing are?

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I don't know about Havok, but I've been working massive amounts of overtime (thanks to buying a newish truck!) in addition to being tied up with the National Guard and school.

Your artwork is really coming a long way, keep it up. I can see that you are getting facial features down very well and that you are having moving into your own style of artwork! I look forward to seeing more stuff!

I need to set aside some time to draw. :(
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I see and thanks for the feedback, but I'm looking forward to your RoboCain. :P

And here's how I'm maturing as a sketcher when I draw the same/similar sort of Discworld creatures again:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I copied it from a infamous painting done by Don Maitz.

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I've seen Commando the other night.

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

OK, here's some more practice sketches:

They're based on online YouTube tutorials done by comic book artist, Mark Crilley.

And here's some creature drawings:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I don't know what specifically about it makes this reaction, but that last one is really awesome to me. I might just be a sucker for seriously noir strict black and white as opposed to greyscale, but that's really standout to me. It's got a good dynamic and it's just got an exciting quality to it with a good amount of depth to it on closer inspection.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

^Thanks.

My loose depiction of a Roman infantryman from around the reign of Diocletian onwards:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Paint by numbers tiger:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

After that foray into painting by numbers I go back to actual sketching:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

What do you think of this, MuffinKing?

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »