This is what the Belgian Navy is up to

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: This is what the Belgian Navy is up to

Post by Zixinus »

They shouldn't be? Those things aren't wooden spoons and aren't loaded with candy.

I particularly found "They made me do this" funny.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Ok.. so the dancing with ammunition is dumb... but the rest is actually pretty funny (or mostly).
I particularly liked the guy next to the 20mm (i think?) throwing away a book that says ROE... it amused me at least.
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The whole thing is just really well done, the synching is great. The shells are worrying, but the thought of how many practice takes they must've needed to get that right must be pretty worrying to a bureaucrat. It's awesome to see good morale though, that kind of group experience is likely as important to performance as their training.
Kyler
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyler »

Besides the obvious play with a what was probably a live shell, everything else in my book is pretty cool. I am sure it was something that decided upon that would be fun and bring the crew together through fun & laughter.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Dancing with it? He held it up over his head for about five seconds. And if the Belgian navy is using ammunition for their main armament that explodes if it falls over then no wonder they lost the Congo.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog