Ship WIP

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Ship WIP

Post by Pu-239 »

http://www.broken-llama.com/images/ship/

Generic sci-fi ship- tried to make it semi-hard sci-fi (engine pods have two engines facing both ways), but too ugly, so I stretched it a little. Added torpedo tubes, need to add anti-fighter cannons/lasers and maybe light antiship weapons on turrets. Thrusters also need to be added. I attempted to get that stealth/LO look (doesn't seem easy to see from the front, w/ exception of engines, but horrible from all other sides).

And yes, I made this in Blender- the newest version is pretty nice, but some hardware "accelerated" functions are slow, due to the lack of good 2D OpenGL support on my TNT2. Blender is nice to use once you get used to it. There was a bit of manual point editing around the engines.

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

It looks a lot like the way I pictured the Empire of Man's shuttles in The Mote in God's Eye, except without the heat shield for re-entry.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett