Animation Project

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Animation Project

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

Hi all, haven't posted on my usual boards for some time now, this one included, so i thought I'd get the finger out and show this. There also seems to be a real drought around the boards when it comes to new models and animations, so here's a couple of days progress on a little animation I am currently doing. I should warn you all now that it is somewhat Trekkish in nature.

Shuttle animation scene 2 - 1,263k DivX avi
Shuttle animation scene 5 - 1,142 DivX avi

Basically I wanted to do a ship coming in to land on an elevated platform in a futuristic city, and one of the most recent models I've made is the ship you see in the animations, a sort of Runabout/Captains Yacht designed by a mate of mine, Reverend. The city blocks are by another mate of mine, Moebius, and everything else is by yours truly. I have made some animated landing gear for the shuttle too, I just need to test it now.

I hope to finish building the landing platform itself in a day or so, and the entire animation might be finished by the end of the week. I can animate a scene in less than an hour, but 6 seconds of animation at the settings used here takes about 5 hours to render, so i do one scene and render it overnight. The complete animation should be between 30 and 50 seconds long.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Good ships, buildings, planet, etc; GREAT animation (I like how graceful the ship turned as it flew), GREAT camera work. Overall, it's excellent!
Image Image
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

can´t watch it because some components that are not on the quicktime server are missing.
i have the divx codec. why can´t i view it?
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

It's an .avi file encoded using the slightly older version of the Div-X codec, 5.2 not 5.2.1 so that pretty much any one with the codec downloaded should be able to view it without updating. I have no idea why Quicktime is reporting an error, this file isn't a quicktime player compatible thing as far as I know, it's always Windows Media player or Real player that open on my PC.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.