We Heil-bzzt! Heil-bzzt! Right in der Führer's face!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

We Heil-bzzt! Heil-bzzt! Right in der Führer's face!

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

http://ingeb.org/songs/whenderf.html

Click the first MP3, it's the funnier one. I love the part where he says, "Super-duper-superman!" Funniest song I've heard in a while. :lol:
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I was singing this song when I was a 7th grader...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

For the record, it's the theme song written for a wartime Donald Duck cartoon of the same name (originally titled "Donald in Nutziland"), available on the Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney on the Front Lines collection. The cartoon is quite amusing as well.

Oh, and neither MP3 is the exact version used in the short, although the first one is the closest to it.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

I heard about this song in high school from my electronics teacher. He was a big Spike Jones fan.
"Single-minded persistence in the face of futility is what humanity does best." Tim Ferguson
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

That's great! :D *Downloads*
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

This one of the great classic anti Nazi songs made during the war. There were several great cartoons made spoofing the Nazis and the other Axis powers. There is a great one involving Daffy Duck and a scrap pile to promote recycling
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

http://ingeb.org/songs/weregoin.html

I just found two versions of another World War II propaganda song called, "The Siegfried Line." The interesting part about it is that the first MP3 links to the Allied version. The second MP3 links to the German answer to the original song. It's a pretty interesting idea the Germans had. The lyrics to the original Allied song start out in French and then switches to English. Perhaps this was done for the French people and resistance fighters and Allied troops in the field if they happened to hear it on the radio. The English lyrics:
We're going to hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line.
Have you any dirty washing, mother dear?
We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
'cause the washing day is here.

Whether the weather may be wet or fine
We'll just rub along without a care.
We're going to hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
If the Siegfried Line's still there.

Mother dear I'm writing you from somewhere in France,
Hoping to find you well,
Sergeant says I'm doing fine, a soldier and a pal
Here's a song that we don't sing, this'll make you laugh.

We're going to hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line.
Have you any dirty washing, mother dear?
We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
'cause the washing day is here.

Whether the weather may be wet or fine
We'll just rub along without a care.
We're going to hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
If the Siegfried Line's still there.
In the German version, you hear German singers singing in English the same exact lyrics. But then it all comes to a halt when you hear bombs falling. The music and singers try to resume, but die down as even more bombs fall. Then you hear, "Stuka! Stuka!" and something else I can't make out. More bombs fall and now artillery shells hit them. They once again try starting up, but the bombing persists. Mellow brass signifies their defeat.

Now, a bold and triumphant rendition of the Koeniggraetzer March (a really awesome German military march) starts blaring a musical, "Sieg Heil!" After that, the same "Siegfried Line" music starts again playing, except now the German singers are singing their own version and naturally, in German. There are two more appearances of the Koeniggraetzer March, which probably make sense if you understand the German lyrics. Pretty damned funny stuff. :lol:
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.