How to Start a Successful Music Career

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

How to Start a Successful Music Career

Post by aerius »

http://www.shinyfire.com/feats/band/band.htm

Sadly enough, this is completely true these days...
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Hahaha, I love the last step. "Be creative!" :D

No wonder I'm so poor...I only perform classical music in churches and broadway music in local theatres. If only I'd had these steps earlier in life! Damn! Damn your eyes, aerianna!
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Zaia wrote:Hahaha, I love the last step. "Be creative!" :D

No wonder I'm so poor...I only perform classical music in churches and broadway music in local theatres. If only I'd had these steps earlier in life! Damn! Damn your eyes, aerianna!
Hey you get to play with Anvils...that's gotta be creative somewhere, somehow :D .
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ghost Rider wrote:

Hey you get to play with Anvils...that's gotta be creative somewhere, somehow :D .
Only if I manage to kill myself with one. The last step is to die toward the end of my career, insuring a great legacy. At the end of the death step, it reads, "Be creative!" :P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Yeah, right.
#1-rock or rap
I can-barely-see you as a rock star. Well, what meant rock approximately 15 years ago. Personally, I thing the genre's been dead since then. Somehow I don't see you becoming famous by that avenue.
I definitely can't see you wanting to become popular at was passes at rock these days.
#2- Sorry, luv. You just lost. I'll notice good music when you hit me over the head with a guitar. Maybe. and I know the stuff on MTV and the radio sucks donkey balls.
#3-You like Tori Amos (or at least once did, to the extent of ostracizing me for daring to make 'Tori Amos is a Cockatrice' a poll option).
Yes you DO like innovation. IOW, you're screwed.
#4- Pick. A shitload of ugly tatoos or a shitload of ugly tatoos AND ugly-like-nobody's business-clothes.
#5-You still fail. Yes. you're SUPPOSED to get an instrument but you're alsosupposed to play it BADLY.
#6-You fail again. For Rap, your lyrics fail on account of being comprehensible. Okay, so you may be able to pass the Rock lyrics hurdle. Bite me.
#7-Somehow, I can't see you copying someone else.
#8-Marketing. Somehow, that's not you.
#9-While it may be guaranteed to increase sales, I violently argue against it. I rather prefer to have sd.net include you
a)alive, and
b)around.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'