My Little Sculpture (56K Warning) Number Two!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

My Little Sculpture (56K Warning) Number Two!

Post by Pick »

Well I've been mostly not posting stuff here, but sure, why not...

This one (along with the other 2 I've done in the last two weeks or something) is in Sculpey (oven-bake clay.) You should be able to figure the scale, but if not, it's abouuuuut 7 inches long or so. Sorry for the red on some though, that happens when you stop the flash. I might paint this or might not.

Fanart. Always fanart :oops: I might post one of the others later (the cause of Zaia's new signature :lol:) He's from the Violinist of Hameln manga. Perverse, evil, fucking nasty-bastard absolutely crazy-kooky bondage demon. Sure, why not, everyone loves him :lol: I'm doing a lot of the characters from this series.

Edit: Better pictures! Sorry, I would have had better ones before, but it's hard in my badly lit house to get pictures at about midnight :lol:

And though I realize much of what's wrong with it, I prefer constructive criticism, not "that sucks!!1!", please. :D
Last edited by Pick on 2005-06-21 02:29am, edited 2 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ahh, simply fantastic. No danger of anyone saying, "that sucks!!1!" because it doesn't come anywhere close to sucking.

And you should study this stuff in college, damnit!
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

The level of detail on that little guy is astonishing, Pick, that's fantastic work. I'd criticize it but for the fact that I can't see anything wrong with it. My only complaint has to do with the first pic: it's out of focus! Ewww, blurry! :D
JADAFETWA
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Perhaps what you need is some strong side lighting to bring out the shadows that define your sculpture's lines. What you could do is put it under the sun in the mid to late-afternoon and take a picture there. But from what I can make out from those photos, it's one fantastic piece of work.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

It sucks-

that I feel so much envy. :D

Beautiful work Pick.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

What do you mean something's wrong with it? That's damn professional and nifty-looking in my book.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Its awesome, the only problem is I can't make out any detail in the first picture.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

:shock:

Wow. Excellent.
A cleaned up shot of the face might be nice though.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Guy N. Cognito
Padawan Learner

Post by Guy N. Cognito »

Increadible detail. How long did it take you to do the hair?
"Though there are only 5 colours, in combination, they can create more hues then can ever be seen" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Beautiful Pick just beautiful!!! Have more confidence in yourself sweetie. You're awesome, I would put that on my coffee table if you sold it to me and I didn't have two small kids. I swear, it looks awesome!!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Goddamn that's some high-quality stuff. I love the amount of detail put into it, especially in the hair and the creases and wrinkles in the pants.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

With the improved version, all I can say is Wow! :shock:
Thats some amazing work.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

If I could sculpt human forms as well as you do, I probably wouldn't have spent my HS years looking for a girlfriend...

Uh. That's supposed to be a compliment, but you should probably just ignore it.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Guy N. Cognito wrote:Increadible detail. How long did it take you to do the hair?
Not too long, actually. I use a garlic masher to get the strands, though otherwise it would have taken forever! My only other tool was a toothpick. :)

Thanks, everyone, for your compliments :luv:! I'm sorry the first time around that I had such cruddy pictures, but these are better (good old hot tub cover.) :luv:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Trying to wrap my brain around its detail and quality is disorenenting.

Holy shnikeys!
By His Word...
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Zaia wrote:And you should study this stuff in college, damnit!
*AHEM*

8)
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Zaia wrote:
Zaia wrote:And you should study this stuff in college, damnit!
*AHEM*

8)
:lol: I'll definitely take art classes if I have the time, of course. If nothing else I'll need to do something to get some studio workspace or something, because I get the inkling that dorms aren't good for messy artists like me.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Very nice. The head and the body are fantastic and the face gives off a great look of mischief.

Excellent work.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

I love love love the folds in the pants, lets see if i can get any critique going on.. hm.. i think the hand on the floor could use a little work, maybe some more tapering on the last half of the fingers, no biggy though. The folds also seem like they were seperate peices that you stuck on, rather than say, molded or carved from the clay, sort of bugs me eyes x_X
"Everyone is a Nintendo Fan when no one is looking"
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

If I absolutely *had* to criticise it, I'd say that I have a very very vague feeling that it isn't weighty enough, if you know what I mean.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

How the hell do you do that? That's simply amazing!

EDIT:

Removed the joke about me commenting about how it would've been better if the guy was a hot chick instead, since Ace Pace got all judgemental and shit. And now I'm an Angry Young Virgin. Oh no, Ace, don't judge me with your superior judging powers of judgement! Please! Nooo!!111 :roll:

Anyway, how many days does it take you to make those things? I mean, if it were me I'd have gone insane after screwing up a tiny feature and spending weeks trying to fix it and do corrections and stuff. And with a toothpick?! How big's the thing, anyway? Sculpting something big wouldn't be as insanely hard as sculpting something small, right?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

That's some damn fine work. When you first posted them, I thought the legs were a little too thin for my personal view, but now they look fine.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Could be a lanky person. Besides, he has wings, for gawd's sake! I doubt being anatomically correct is really a major thing here :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Could be a lanky person. Besides, he has wings, for gawd's sake! I doubt being anatomically correct is really a major thing here :P
Anatomically correct does not equate to disproportionate. But, as I said, they look fine now, perfectly in line with the style.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:EDIT:

Removed the joke about me commenting about how it would've been better if the guy was a hot chick instead, since Ace Pace got all judgemental and shit. And now I'm an Angry Young Virgin. Oh no, Ace, don't judge me with your superior judging powers of judgement! Please! Nooo!!111 :roll:
No one gives a shit about your teenage angst, Shroom. You got a problem with Ace? There's a little button called 'PM' - use it.

Oh and if you really did say "It would have been better if the guy had been a hot chick instead" - Ace was right to PM you or IM you, whatever it was. And frankly, it reads to me like a AYVBer made a comment. You want tits and hot chicks so bad? Google for images. It isn't so hard.