The Star Destroyer's other measurements

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Firefox
Jedi Council Member

The Star Destroyer's other measurements

Post by Firefox »

Somewhat related to my current projects, I still have an untouched AMT Star Destroyer kit. While the argument I've heard is to build it into a Tector class, while it's very similar to the Imperator, I'm having difficulty with the kit's proportions.

So, in lieu of that, aside from the 1600m figure, what are the other measurements? Beam? Draught? Docking bay? Distance from prow to forward docking bay bulkhead? Others?

If the model's accurate enough in the other regards, it shouldn't be too hard to build it with some corrections. On the other hand, if it's too wide, or there are other significant measurement errors, I'll have to completely scratchbuild it. Thoughts?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Docking bay?
I didnt even think Tectors had docking bays (at least not major ones.) :?
One of their defining features.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

I was referring to the Imperator class. Sorry for the confusion. I wondered if it had the docking bay in the right area, as the Tector has similar plating. For example, it does have the platform the bulb on the ISD rests on, even though the bulb itself is absent.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Over a day later and no answers? I found measurements on Kitsune's site, but I'm not certain if they're measurements based on the kit itself or not.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

...I'm sorry, all I can picture is taking a measuring-tape to an Interdictor...I'm ashamed.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Dr. Saxton has a page about the dimensions of ISD's:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/daggerdata.html
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

The measurements he's taken don't seem to include a length vs. width, though there is good information on the size of the docking bays and ventral bulb. Although he does have what appears to be a good fairly plumb view of the Devastator model's ventral hull. From a quick estimate, the hull is wider in proportion than I expected. In fact, in the AMT model's scale, that's nearly an extra inch in length. Scary.

EDIT: Someone on another board posted measurements of both models. The Devastator model is 91x46x46cm, while the Avenger model is 259x137x71cm. At the model's scale, the width would be 7.5" and 7.9" respectively. The AMT kit's hull is ~8.25" wide. Time for some slice-'n-dice....