Prints for home - Recommendations?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Prints for home - Recommendations?

Post by Dangermouse »

I need more wall hangings and would like to buy several prints and have them framed. I am almost set on getting these:

Image Image

Image Image

I like simple works with either vibrant colors or strong interplay between light and shadow. I do not find complex paintings with lots of details nor portraits to be as interesting. I love the sea and Monet as well but want variety as well. The walls of where I live are slightly off white. So what are your thoughts? Do you have any recommendations that I should consider as well? I have only one wall hanging and need some color and life in my place.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I have a 16"x20" enlargement of the photo below hanging in my room. I took it about 10 years ago when I visited St. Louis with my cousin.

Out of the pictures you linked to, the one with the sails and the barn pictures are my favourites.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Guy N. Cognito
Padawan Learner

Post by Guy N. Cognito »

I absolutely adore that one with the boats on the ocean. Get it mount it.
"Though there are only 5 colours, in combination, they can create more hues then can ever be seen" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

aerius wrote:I have a 16"x20" enlargement of the photo below hanging in my room. I took it about 10 years ago when I visited St. Louis with my cousin.
Thats a beautiful photograph. Would you be willing to share a link to a version with a higher resolution? Not that I am thinking of taking it and blowing it up slightly. :wink:
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

No problem. The original photo's a bit dusty since it's been sitting around in a box for the last few years. I just finished washing it off and as soon as it's dry I'll scan it and put a link to it.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Picture scanned and uploaded. Link below, may have to copy and paste to make it work.

http://ca.geocities.com/tlin0252@rogers ... rchbig.jpg

Warning, the file is huge, about 1.8MB. The picture's about 2400 x 3500 pixels.
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

aerius wrote:Picture scanned and uploaded. Link below, may have to copy and paste to make it work.

http://ca.geocities.com/tlin0252@rogers ... rchbig.jpg

Warning, the file is huge, about 1.8MB. The picture's about 2400 x 3500 pixels.
Many thanks kind sir. :)