North East Advertising (Tall Ships, 2005 - Pic Heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

North East Advertising (Tall Ships, 2005 - Pic Heavy)

Post by El Moose Monstero »

As most people in the UK will have seen at some point in the past week, the Tall Ships Race has just come to Newcastle upon Tyne, and about 10 hours ago, they set sail, never to return. At least for another 12 years or so, anyway.

Last night was the peak of the festival of the sea, with fireworks along Newcastle Quayside and all that jazz. Sadly, photos of the quayside with fireworks came out rather blurry, which is a shame, but never mind.

Included for the interest of anyone who gives a damn, a handful of tall ships and quayside piccies in the hope of inspiring more people to visit up north and to show those pesky southerners that we are actually cultured up here.

*goes back to knawing on mammoth bones with teeth*

Above: The Baltic Flour Mill, a big art gallery on the Gateshead side of the river.

Above: View along the quayside at some of the smaller vessels moored up.

Above: View of the Prince William, a UK training vessel and the mouth of the Ouseburn valley.

Above: A 100m Russian tall ship, big bugger, lots of sailors looking rather cold on board. Big jessies!

Above: Aussie tall ship moored in the deeper sections of the river nearer to the mouth.

Above: Newcastle and Gateshead in modern arty glory, featuring the Millennium Bridge and the Sage Music Centre.

Above: Twilight falls over the Tyne, the view from the castle keep.

Above: Arrrr!

Not sure if any of these need inlining or not, will edit it after posting if it messes stuff up.

EDIT: It looks alright on mine, if anyone has trouble with formatting screw ups, PM me and I'll link to them instead.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie