Amazing storm pictures, EDITED: bigger pics!!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Amazing storm pictures, EDITED: bigger pics!!

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ok, so I was chatting with a friend of mine lastnight and she showed me these pics that her uncle got during a storm in Orangeville Ontario, and they are so amazing I thought I would share :) Enjoy and click on the images for larger views.

EDIT: It seems that something has screwed up and one can only see the smaller versions. I must make them bigger for you to get the full effect :)
Ok, sorry it didn't make them that much bigger, this sucks. They are truely amazing though :)

EDIT#2 I have managed to figure out how to make them a bit bigger, this is the best I can do so anyone who wants bigger versions take them from here as I won't be sending them by e-mail to anybody. Thanks :)
Last edited by Mrs Kendall on 2005-09-02 03:38pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Completly awesome.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

If only you had bigger pictures. Those are worth saving to the hard drive.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

Wew, I didn't see pieces of Einhander in there. Wooh!
WWDD What would dogbert do?
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

The Jazz Intern wrote:Wew, I didn't see pieces of Einhander in there. Wooh!
:wtf:

Thats from CANADA.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Sometimes the fury of nature can be beautifull.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Hate to call him a liar, but, well...

Compare:
This
To this

This
To this

This
To this

It's extremely obvious they are just cropped versions.

Those weren't taken in Canda, they were taken in Iowa (as stated here), and were taken by the owner of extremeinstability.com, not your friend's uncle. I would suggest informing her.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

There was a formation like that here a while ago... anyone know what it's called?
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

These are wallpaper worthy if they were the right size/quality.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Is anyone else reminded of the space storms shown in the first part of the Flash Gordon movie?
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Regardless of where they came from, those things are gorgeous. Especially the one with both the orange and purple. Looks more like a nebula than a cloud formation
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

Now i understand why Tom Cruise in WOTW said "not at this time"
after being asked if he had seen something like "this" before.

Could you please provide a larger version. I want that pic :)
Thanx
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Re: Amazing storm pictures

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Mrs Kendall wrote: Image
"A Balrog of Morgoth! We must flee this place!"

I'd also like to second the request for a larger one, it would make an excellent wallpaper.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

*Twiddles thumbs as everyone ignores the fact that he pointed out blatent plagurism whilst simultaniously linking to a website chock-full of awesome storm pictures.*
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

*Twiddles thumbs as everyone ignores the fact that he pointed out blatent plagurism whilst simultaniously linking to a website chock-full of awesome storm pictures.*
Sorry dude, but it turns out that to everyone else you no longer exist. I am the only one who can see or hear you. I am your only link to the outside world. Like in that one Alfred Hithcock movie (or was it someone else? I dunno).

And now that they have forgotten you, you must burn them. Burn them all.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

HemlockGrey wrote:
Sorry dude, but it turns out that to everyone else you no longer exist. I am the only one who can see or hear you. I am your only link to the outside world. Like in that one Alfred Hithcock movie (or was it someone else? I dunno).

And now that they have forgotten you, you must burn them. Burn them all.
I need addresses. Please start with those living in adjacent states.

By "burning them", you mean ringing their doorbell, shoving my hand in their face and shouting "BURN DUDE, YOU GOT BURNED!"... right?
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:*Twiddles thumbs as everyone ignores the fact that he pointed out blatent plagurism whilst simultaniously linking to a website chock-full of awesome storm pictures.*
I think it's been pretty much handled. You've informed everyone, so I guess the only thing more that could be done is maybe edit her post at certain parts. It's not like Mrs Kendall knew....
Milites Astrum Exterminans
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Hate to call him a liar, but, well...

Compare:
This
To this

This
To this

This
To this

It's extremely obvious they are just cropped versions.

Those weren't taken in Canda, they were taken in Iowa (as stated here), and were taken by the owner of extremeinstability.com, not your friend's uncle. I would suggest informing her.
Someone at my wife's workplace posted the same thing on their network, also claiming they were from Orangeville. Someone there debunked that myth, as well. I wonder where it came from.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:*Twiddles thumbs as everyone ignores the fact that he pointed out blatent plagurism whilst simultaniously linking to a website chock-full of awesome storm pictures.*
Stop being an ass in my thread!

Thank you very much!

It is not plagurism if I didn't know they weren't from this guy(her uncle). Besides storms happen all over the world, how do you know it didn't happen in Orangeville? Stop acting like you know it all, and get out of my thread if you're just gonna complain that nobody cares that you did some surfing on the web you loser.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

By "burning them", you mean ringing their doorbell, shoving my hand in their face and shouting "BURN DUDE, YOU GOT BURNED!"... right?
Well, actually, I was thinking more along the lines of...
Stop being an ass in my thread!

Thank you very much!

It is not plagurism if I didn't know they weren't from this guy(her uncle). Besides storms happen all over the world, how do you know it didn't happen in Orangeville? Stop acting like you know it all, and get out of my thread if you're just gonna complain that nobody cares that you did some surfing on the web you loser.
BURNED
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Le Bumperoonies...

I edited the pics in this thread so they are shown bigger by uploading them to the imagestation account instead of photobucket. Now anyone who wants bigger versions can just take them from here and I shouldn't be bothered via pm's. Not that the one I got bothered me, I just figured it would be best to say that so people knew I don't wanna be doing this for everyone who wants a bigger version. This is as large as I can get them unless I e-mail them to people.

Thanks and enjoy.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Mrs Kendall wrote: It is not plagurism if I didn't know they weren't from this guy(her uncle).
Chill, he wasn't calling you a plagerizer (is that a word)? He was talking about the person you know who claimed her uncle took them. Or perhaps the uncle, depending upon how you interpret it.
Besides storms happen all over the world, how do you know it didn't happen in Orangeville?
Because, according to the site DPDarkPrimus posted, the person who took them lives in Iowa?
Stop acting like you know it all, and get out of my thread if you're just gonna complain that nobody cares that you did some surfing on the web you loser.
True. That said, it's not a big deal. Those are amazing pictures and it doesn't matter who took them. The third one from the top looks like either stylzed depiction of a Nuclear Detonation or Galaxy- I would wallpaper it now that it's bigger, but I like my current one too much.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Thanks MRDOD, you said just about everything I was going to.

I was not insinuating you were a plagurist, Mrs Kendell, and to think that I was is silly because you clearly do not claim to be the one who took the pictures.

That you ask me how I know it didn't happen in Orangeville is just evidence that you didn't even bother to look at my link before replying.

Now, I could take your comment about "acting like you know it all" and "being a loser", and twist it around, but that would be petty and uncalled for- like when you said it to me.

I was merely setting the record straight.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Thanks MRDOD, you said just about everything I was going to.

I was not insinuating you were a plagurist, Mrs Kendell, and to think that I was is silly because you clearly do not claim to be the one who took the pictures.

That you ask me how I know it didn't happen in Orangeville is just evidence that you didn't even bother to look at my link before replying.

Now, I could take your comment about "acting like you know it all" and "being a loser", and twist it around, but that would be petty and uncalled for- like when you said it to me.

I was merely setting the record straight.
Look if you're gonna send me a pm maybe you should refrain from posting until you get a reply.

Don't assume because you just made an ass out of yourself, because I did look at your link! I am not going to clutter up my thread with bickering with you so just take it to pm from now on please.
Otherwise don't be surprised if we constantly butt heads here.
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Holy shit, that is fucking bad ass... :shock:
d(-_-)b