Drum Corps fans! DCI Finals on ESPN2 Sept 6th @ 10pm!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zaia
Inamorata

Drum Corps fans! DCI Finals on ESPN2 Sept 6th @ 10pm!

Post by Zaia »

Email from the Vic Firth Education Team wrote:DCI 2005 World Championships will be broadcast on ESPN2 on Tuesday, September 6th at 10 PM EDT.

Drum Corps International (DCI), the world leader in producing and sanctioning touring marching music competitions, announced that its award-winning World Championships television program will be broadcast on ESPN2 on Tuesday, September 6th at 10 PM EDT. The television event, featuring highlights from the 2005 World Championships which took place on August 13th in Foxboro, Mass., is the first prime-time broadcast of the program on commercial television, and will be available to more than 88 million households. You can read the official press release from DCI here.

And with that said, I wonder if you folks might be able to help spread the word. The marching arts have never had such a great opportunity to show the world how cool what it is we do. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for the activity. The more people who turn in, the better for us all. Might you consider spreading the word?

Here are some other ways to help spread the word:

1. Tell your friends and family. Keep them aware that it's coming and again they should understand that its important to YOU.

2. Send an email to everyone you know - tell them to tune in. Let them know the date and time in their area.

3. Got a blog? Write about it. Let everyone know that it's coming and add a link to: http://www.DCI.org/2npse/

Thanks for your support of DCI on ESPN2. It's an exciting project and we can't wait to see how your efforts will help transform it into an extraordinary television event.

Regards,

Neil Larrivee

Director of Education

Vic Firth Inc.
If any of you guys like marching band but haven't seen any Drum Corps yet, NOW is the time to check it out. Watching DCI finals is like watching professional marching bands--they are amazing!

Do yourself a favour and watch. Tuesday night, ESPN2, 10pm.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

The Crossmen actually stayed at my High School...they were incredible, but amazingally, they didn't place. I have to wonder how good the winners were...
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Damn, Foxboro is my state! I wonder if I can get up there...I've heard that a good number of instrument companies have their higher-end stuff for sale in the stands.
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Saurencaerthai wrote:Damn, Foxboro is my state! I wonder if I can get up there...I've heard that a good number of instrument companies have their higher-end stuff for sale in the stands.
No, no, the championships happened on August 13th already (and you have to buy tickets in advance because I hear they sell out). They're just broadcasting it soon.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Damn it, it occurs at the same time a Dorm wide meeting is to occur. :evil:
I hope it's not manditory, I would love to watch it.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

*pokes Z* I wanna see that... hod do i know if i have access to that channel or not though??
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Lindar wrote:*pokes Z* I wanna see that... hod do i know if i have access to that channel or not though??
I don't know whether you have cable at school or not, but (at least around here) ESPN2 is included in the general cable TV package, so you might have it. See if you can find the TV Guide channel or ask someone if you can get ESPN2 there. :D
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

No need. Go to http://www.tv.yahoo.com/grid? and enter your ZIP code, select your TV provider (it has airwaves, cable, satellite, what have you) and bam. Easy as that-- I have mine bookmarked... :)
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

It's on now! Go, go! Turn it on!
squidman001
Padawan Learner

who wins

Post by squidman001 »

anyone know who wins?
"Generally I find that killing mice is easier if you use your mind." Ford Prefect

"It's like a camel pissed on raspberries and then they bottled it."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Re: who wins

Post by Beowulf »

squidman001 wrote:anyone know who wins?
The Cadets, with a score of 99.150

Not hard to find out...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan