Mariachi of Ragnarok (Moose Rebellion)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Mariachi of Ragnarok (Moose Rebellion)

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Something I was doodling whilst waiting for a rather large document to scan in at work and decided to share. It's no marvel of artistic ability, certainly not up to the high standards of SDN artisans, but it's more of a celebration that things are finally starting to gain character and concrete images in my mind for the Moose Rebellion.

The Mariachi of Ragnarok are the special forces of the Crustacean Alliance, for a reason which I haven't quite decided yet. Their origins are based in norse mythology, they were strong warriors in viking times, blessed with long life, bad tempers and technological brains fair in excess of their times, branding them sorcerors in viking culture. This then is part of the origin for the norse mythologies, but they are both a product and a source of that mythology, taking ideas from that mythology whenever they feel like it.

Eventually, they were driven out, in a mark II viking fjord cortina. Or more realistically, a long boat and headed for the new world. There, they hid in secret, disguising themselves as a mariachi band and roaming the Americas for centuries until they fell into step with the clattering exoskeletons of the lobsters in their battle against the Moose Rebellion.

Tough and difficult to destroy at the best of times, their signature tools are the heavy duty combat sombrero, capable of deflecting even heavy pun cannon fire, and the multipurpose body armour poncho.

Exhibit A seen here with a poeton guitar and underslung grenade launcher.

Ok, so I'm a bit bored, but on the other hand, I'm making real progress with this writing lark.

The horns were admittedly a tack-on at the end, but there's definately an enormous beard hiding under that sombrero.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

I love it.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

He needs some allies. How about Kino and Campo from "Desperado", with their machinegun/rocket guitar cases? Or a demonic cyborg cactus with autocannon thats calls in orbital bombardments? :o