Dollz?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Dollz?

Post by LadyTevar »

My sis has gotten into the "Dollz" craze that seems to have exploded onto the 'net. The idea is taking a base form of a man, woman, or anime sprite and use Paintshop or other programs to dress them up.

Thes were her lastest creations:

Anyone else on here do this Cyber Dollz dressup?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Dorenn Stark
Padawan Learner

Post by Dorenn Stark »

I never heard of it before, but those were some funny pictures. Post any more if you get them.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

In my general 'net experience, this seeming craze appears to be virtually non-existant, other than like Yahoo Groups and MSN, and has been around for at least five years or so...

Overall, my opinion is to just roll my eyes over the whole thing and move on.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

The only place you tend to see these is on forums full of annoying people who put 20 billion of them in their signatures.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

And generally the people who use them are kids under seventeen.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

There are different sorts of dolls - there's the kind that actually requires Photoshop skills, and there's the annoying kind that is made on horrible websites with drag-and-drop dollmakers, and those are made almost exclusively by girls under seventeen. Those are the kind that come in "preps," "silents," "divas," etc. The kind LadyTevar posted are the kind that are okay and there are adults that make them, although the entire activity does have a twinge of teenybopper no matter who's making them. Maybe it's all the angst about people stealing each other's graphics, which reminds me of icon wank on LJ.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower