My Homemade Mario 3 Commercial

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Does the Hammer Bros. Suit own everyone for free?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 11

felineki
Infantile Brat

My Homemade Mario 3 Commercial

Post by felineki »

Here's something I came across on my computer earlier today and wanted to share...

During my senior year of high school, a fun assignment toward the end of my economics class was to film a short television commercial. We were allowed to work in groups with other classmates (I recall some groups were as large as 5 people), but I had the perfect idea and opted to go solo (well, not quite... my sister provided the starring role, and my mom helped film the scenes where I needed to be in frame. They both did excellent work) and make a commercial for the then-new Super Mario Bros. 3 cards for the Game Boy Advance's e-reader system. Unfortunately, the Series 3 and 4 I mention in the commercial were never released... >_<; That's Nintendo for ya. I give 'em free advertising, then they screw me over...

My Commercial

It's not perfect, but I think most of the class would agree with me in that it blew all of the other commercials away. :P The sound for the first half is much quieter than the second half, the timing of the acting is a bit awkward, and I'm sure my narration over the second half would put many people to sleep. However, I have lost a good 60+ pounds since this commercial, so at least I'm not quite as rotund as it would lead you to believe. :wink: Even with all of its flaws, I think the concept was good.

I need to go start raking the yard now (damn seed pods...), but feel free to leave any comments. I hope you have as much fun watching it as I had making it. :)
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Hammer Brothers suit pwnz.

And I never knew Tanooki Mario could kill a Thwomp. Frickin' sweet!
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
EmperorSolo51
Jedi Knight

Post by EmperorSolo51 »

Where can I find that Rocking version of the Super Mario Brothers 3 Theme. I've been looking all over the place to find it but I can't.

BTW That is a very good Commercial. It's better than some the professional Commercials I've seen.
Last edited by EmperorSolo51 on 2005-11-12 02:49pm, edited 2 times in total.
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

That is excellent! I love the part where your sister throws a hammer at you.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

EmperorSolo51 wrote:Where can I fined that Rocking version of the Super Mario Brothers 3 Theme. I've been looking all over the place to find it but I can't.
That's a track from Super Smash Bros. Melee (the majority of that game's soundtrack consists of remixes of classic game themes)... I think the track name is just "Super Mario Bros. 3".

RogueIce: Yeah, Tanooki Mario is right up there with Hammer Mario in terms of attack power. There are even a few enemies he can kill by statue crush that can't be killed by hammers, but it's not quite as useful in most situations, IMO. For example, you can easily pick off those fireballs that leap out of the lava with well-placed hammers, but you'd have a hard time statue-crushing them and not falling into the lava yourself.
Comando293
Padawan Learner

Post by Comando293 »

Umm, I clicked on the link and the page was not found. What's up?
Avatar courtesy of Alan Bolte and Glimmervoid
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

Comando293 wrote:Umm, I clicked on the link and the page was not found. What's up?
I as well, is have you been forgetting to pay your bills while filming? :P

Edit: now it works! r0x0r!
I like it :)
Last edited by The Jazz Intern on 2005-11-13 06:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWDD What would dogbert do?
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

I reuploaded it; go ahead and try again, I guess. :?
Comando293
Padawan Learner

Post by Comando293 »

It works, and its hilarious. There just "happend" to be a hammer right there next to her. :D
Avatar courtesy of Alan Bolte and Glimmervoid
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

That was cute :)
Good job!!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I like the helmet and backpack, how the aren't noticible, but then when she picks up a hammer, it fits.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage