A starship design of mine

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

A starship design of mine

Post by Lord Revan »

ok this just the basic form with very little details (basically just the engines)

and resemblence to existing designs is unintentional

but anyways what do you think of it so far, is it worth developing or just pure crap?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

Engines are too small. Make them bigger so as to look more powerful.

Also, I don't know how thick the "wings" are going to be, but it might turn out a bit flimsy looking. If it's much larger than a fighter you might want to bulk it out a bit.

But otherwise, it looks deadly.
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

NoXion wrote:Engines are too small. Make them bigger so as to look more powerful.

Also, I don't know how thick the "wings" are going to be, but it might turn out a bit flimsy looking. If it's much larger than a fighter you might want to bulk it out a bit.

But otherwise, it looks deadly.
it a cruiser and "wings" are the FTL drive.

as engines, I've tried to keep them as small a target as possible.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

ok engines are a bit bigger now (as like keep ships at least semi realistic I don't want make them too big)
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

What kind of details are you planning to add to it?
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

NoXion wrote:What kind of details are you planning to add to it?
I don't know yet, I'm open to any suggestions (like Ein I use MSPain(t) so keep that in mind)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

added a rear view.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

the position of the main weapons (there's 3 beams (none of which are visible in the thumbnail(ok they're visible if you look really carefully)))
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Looks like a Norexan with bent wings.

Might I suggest some more detail in the nose ? It looks a bit bland, shape-wise.
Gildor
Redshirt

Post by Gildor »

Well, I personally think the design is stealthy and interesting. Very deadly-looking.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Bounty wrote:Looks like a Norexan with bent wings.

Might I suggest some more detail in the nose ? It looks a bit bland, shape-wise.
there's absolutly no details in the hull (apart of the engines) atm but there will be (not much though as this is meant to be a stealth cruiser).
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

there's absolutly no details in the hull (apart of the engines) atm but there will be
I actually meant in the hull shape. Y'know, small ridges, subtle hammerhead design, something to give it a bit more character.

However, if you're going for the stealth look, I can see how you'd want to keep it smooth :)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I've always liked Revan's ship designs. So sleek.