SW ship I designed

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

SW ship I designed

Post by Lord Revan »

OK this is suppose to be a support ship for the Venator-class (increased firepower but reduced fighter capacity)

Started working on today and got the basic shape and details done, so what do you think (keep in mind that this is a fan design)?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Nice start-- obviously, more detail will be needed eventually. But the design lineage of the Acclamator is evident, that shows good attention to design progression. And the next step towards the ISD shape can be seen as well.

As far as being a 'support ship', though, how does it fulfill that role? Heavy guns? Anti-starfighter defense?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Coyote wrote: As far as being a 'support ship', though, how does it fulfill that role? Heavy guns? Anti-starfighter defense?
Size and placement of the guns already present seem to indicate it's not primarily an antifighter design (and if it's anything like the Venator size-wise it's a little large for that, too).
What kind of size is that baby supposed to be? If it's a measly 300m long my comment on the guns is of course completely off the mark.
As Coyote said, rather low on detail, but at that stage of the design process that is to be expected. I rather like it.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Batman wrote:
Coyote wrote: As far as being a 'support ship', though, how does it fulfill that role? Heavy guns? Anti-starfighter defense?
Size and placement of the guns already present seem to indicate it's not primarily an antifighter design (and if it's anything like the Venator size-wise it's a little large for that, too).
What kind of size is that baby supposed to be? If it's a measly 300m long my comment on the guns is of course completely off the mark.
As Coyote said, rather low on detail, but at that stage of the design process that is to be expected. I rather like it.
it's about the same size as VnSD (~1km) and primarily an anti capital ship design.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

That's quite a lot of engines.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:That's quite a lot of engines.
less then the Venator has IIRC (there's "only" 10 in my design)
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Lord Revan wrote:
Manus Celer Dei wrote:That's quite a lot of engines.
less then the Venator has IIRC (there's "only" 10 in my design)
NTM Executor or the Corellian Corvette.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Very nice. I can definitely see the Venator lineage. It also has a pretty hefty Executor and Acclamator vibe (yes, both at the same time) to it too. I recommend some more lighter guns along the dorsal ridge...
Image Image
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

added color (and did some early weapon density test so it's not too boring to llook at)
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Lord Revan wrote: added color (and did some early weapon density test so it's not too boring to llook at)
That weapon density test would be a lot more useful if we had some indicators of what weaponry that fire was coming from in the first place, what with a sizeable portion of it originating (apparently) from places where there is no distinguishable weaponry.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Batman wrote:
Lord Revan wrote: added color (and did some early weapon density test so it's not too boring to llook at)
That weapon density test would be a lot more useful if we had some indicators of what weaponry that fire was coming from in the first place, what with a sizeable portion of it originating (apparently) from places where there is no distinguishable weaponry.
alot of it's coming from the side trenches this kind of ships have but I'll see if I can make it any clearer.