A Trip to the Midway.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

A Trip to the Midway.

Post by Lonestar »

Hornet in agressor paint job.

Huey from HAL-3, which provide air support of riverine operations in Vietnam.

The A-6 Intruder, the greatest ground-attack aircraft in history. Fuck you AND your 'Forts, Shep! :P

Some pics of the Midway

Nice to know Newport News Shipbuilding is operational in the 23rd century...

Phantom

Vigilante.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Awesome stuff. Kinda neat that they have mannequins in pilot gear sitting in the cockpits, and mock ordnance on the pylons.

I wanted to go see the Intrepid in NYC when I was there a couple of years back, but my friends weren't interested :(.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I think the Midway and the Coral Sea were the last two carriers in the US Navy to have Phantom IIs fly from them. I'm assuming those were eventually replaced with F/A-18s since that class of ship wasn't supposed to be able to handle F-14s.

Did they have any A-4s, A-7s or F-8s on hand? I would have thought they'd have been used all on the Midway at some point.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

They had a A-7 and F-8 as well.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."