S:AaB music question

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darn
Redshirt

S:AaB music question

Post by Darn »

I'm not sure if this should be here or in OSF... Anyway, does anyone know what was the music that was basically the theme music of "Dark side of the sun"? You know, the one that was played during Vansens nightmare scenes, etc. Thanks...
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Ya'know, Pilgrim, when I have questions about a particular science fiction TV show, I jest type that name right into Google and find me a whole mess o' fan site links where thousands of people that care have already done researched everything you could possibly imagine.

After all, if a site like this exists for Star Wars....

Good luck and good huntin'.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Darn
Redshirt

Post by Darn »

But I have googled, for hours even. It might be that my google-fu simply fails me, but despite finding information on quite a few other pieces of S:AaB music, this one eludes me... :?
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

You've found no fan sites with forums to ask? The thing is, if you go to the places where the hard-cores congregate, you'll have a much more pure vein of information to mine. Here. Space: Above and Beyond is a sideshow attraction; but in a place like this it is th emain attraction.

And, if they don't have what you seek, follow their links. Someone out there will have this.

Another thing to contemplate is the DVDs now released. They should have the music in each episode listed on the box or in the end credits. Be quick with the pause button. You can see all the Patsy Kline songs used in "Never No More", for example...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

The music is an original piece.

"Award winning composer Shirley Walker wrote the wonderful theme music as well as the suites for all Space: Above and Beyond episodes. "

Otherwise:

The Pilot

During the training on Mars and the Marines find a mini-CD on the drone, the rock music is by The Ramones.
* Blitzkrieg Bop*

The Dark Side of the Sun

The compact disc that Hawkes starts to play on his CD player is *Hungry Wolf *
by X on the LP Under the Big Black Sun, 1982, Elektra label.

Ray Butts

Four of Johnny Cash's songs were used in this episode
*I walk The Line*
*Ring Of Fire*
*Folsome Prison Blues*
*So Doggone Lonesome*
From Man In Black, Columbia Records

The River of Stars

In the beginning of this episode (where Wang narrates the story of WWI) a diverssiementi from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite is used.
*Arabian Dance divertissementi*
Commodore Ross plays and hums the Christmas carol I'll Be Home for Christmas over the radio.

Never No More

Two Patsy Cline songs were used in this particular episode.
*I Fall To Pieces*
*Never No More*

The Angriest Angel

Ludwig van Beethoven's Marche Funébre (Funeral March) from the Symphonie No. 3 Es-Dur op. 55 'Eroica' was used while McQueen fights against Chiggy von Richthofen.

R & R

While being on the Bacchus, the Marines listened to two songs by The Blazers:
*Before I Get Too Old*
*Fun And Laughter*
East Side Soul, Rounder Records, 1166 9053 4.

The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Darn
Redshirt

Post by Darn »

I was hoping against hope that would not be the case... That the pages I had found would be in error, or incomplete... I simply love the music in that episode. Damn. :cry: ...Thanks anyway.