Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta (spoiler)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta (spoiler)

Post by Galvatron »

Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

So... uh... she's cute.

:?:
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Still doesn;t save the movie.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Stofsk wrote:So... uh... she's cute.

Granted, she's no Aayla Secura or She-Hulk. :P
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I actually thought V for Vendetta was pretty good. Haven't read the comic, but I'm assuming given the usual level of Moore-related bitching, we only have a movie that, though based on the comic is somewhat unfaithful but still very good in its own right...
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I rather liked it too. Never read the comic though.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Galvatron wrote:
Stofsk wrote:So... uh... she's cute.

Granted, she's no Aayla Secura or She-Hulk. :P
Granted.

Actually I haven't watched the film, so I didn't know what the scene was or why she was dressed up. But she is very nice.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I liked V for Vendetta (film.) I tried to read the comic afterwards, but I actually liked it much less.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

That scene was disturbing. There's a reason she's dolled-up (LOL pun ftw!) like a little school-girl...

Now the result of said scene-- I'm not gonna spoil it; go rent the movie at Blockbuster or something :P
Image Image
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I bought the move yesteday. I liked it. Though I do think they should have hired Rowan Atkinson instead. Him an Weaving both sound the same and i'm sure Rowan would have been cheaper to hire.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Loli! Aieee!... :P
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Beowulf wrote:Loli! Aieee!... :P
Bingo.
Image Image
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

So... anymore pics of Natalie Portman? Or is she bald in the rest of the film?
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Bald for the rest, but she was hot enough in that scene.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Lord Pounder wrote:I bought the move yesteday. I liked it. Though I do think they should have hired Rowan Atkinson instead. Him an Weaving both sound the same and i'm sure Rowan would have been cheaper to hire.
Hmmm, if Rowan Atkinson was in V for Vendetta I think he would've been much more suited in Stephen Fry's role (Gordon Dietrich) or perhaps even made a good Inspector Finch. As for V for Vendetta itself: it was a decent movie and I mostly liked what I saw. I bought the comic soon afterwards and I thought the movie was generally a solid adaptation of the original source material, even though some of the content had to change to click with a more modern audience.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Read the comic before I saw the movie and I though the movie was a good adaptation.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Ace Pace wrote:Bald for the rest, but she was hot enough in that scene.
Nope. She has her hair for the first 1/2 to 2/3rds of the film.

And I love the Film.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Deathstalker wrote:Still doesn;t save the movie.
Actually me and most the people I know that saw the movie thought that it was an amazing movie. None of us read the comics of course.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

ArmorPierce wrote:
Deathstalker wrote:Still doesn;t save the movie.
Actually me and most the people I know that saw the movie thought that it was an amazing movie. None of us read the comics of course.
All my friends enjoyed it, though some of them had a bit of trouble keeping up (which I thought was a bit pathetic.) My mother also thought it was excellent.

And Natalie Portman is so damn hot. So damn hot!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

It was a sweet movie. There were sure plot holes (V's mask factory; the Master Fascist scoffing at a potential attack by train ala Tarkin), but then if we judged movies by plot holes we'd have to disqualify every badass action movie ever made.

And unlike The Matrix, which relied heavily on it's fight scenes, V only really had one and it was decent. Definately reccommended.

Conclusion: Natalie Portman is fine as hell.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I thought it was a good movie as well.

I don't much care for the school girl look though.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

I uploaded this very scene from the comic a while ago...

Warning, spoilers.
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: And Natalie Portman is so damn hot. So damn hot!
Far out, that sounds like me back in year seven.

But you're not wrong.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I loved V for Vendetta, the movie just seemed very well done (everything came together very well in it) even if it was not exactly like the Comic. I can live with a little Comic/Movie discrepency just fine.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Read the comic last winter and saw the movie few days ago. Both are great. I was satisfied with the changes they had made with the movie, like the more mature Evey and a different background story. Latter was pretty mandatory, though. Having Britain survive a nuclear war because Thatcher lost the elections always gave the comic a dated feel, making it an obvious product of its time, even if the main themes are nowadays just as important.

The movie was able to convey the comic's atmosphere extremely well. I was surprised by how well the creators had managed to compress nearly three hundred pages of rich text full of diverse characters into a two hour movie. Minor characters and antagonists were of course far more one-dimensional in the movie, but that's understandable given the limitations of the medium.

All the best scenes in the movie, like Evey's time in V's prison and Valerie's letter, were taken directly from the comic, but that was only a good thing. Acting was good throughout the movie. Anyone who says Portman can't act based on just seeing her perform in Episodes 1-3 should do a reality check and watch V and Leon.

Makes you just wish Lucas had given director's chair to someone else.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."