Spock is cast; will be played by Nimoy and Zachary Quinto

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Crazy_Vasey wrote:African-American? I thought Uhura was just, you know, plain old African.
I think AA refers to the actress, not the character.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Anton Yelchin is tipped as a possible Chekov - not officially, as far as I know, but Quinto let it slip. He's Russian, which is good. He's also barely out of diapers.
ShadowSonic
Padawan Learner

Post by ShadowSonic »

Wasn't Chekov supposed to be young? Maybe in this retelling he'll be a cadet or something.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

If they're going for a mid-to-late twenties (assuming the leaked cast sheet was correct) Kirk and (roughly) keep the relative ages, Chekov would be in his late teens.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

ShadowSonic wrote:Wasn't Chekov supposed to be young? Maybe in this retelling he'll be a cadet or something.
Chekov was a young ensign only a couple of years or so out of the Academy, and meant to be seen as a sort of "Capt. Kirk in training".
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)