Palpatine in the Federation

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Enola Straight
Jedi Knight

Post by Enola Straight »

Rogue 9 wrote:I somehow doubt that Palpatine, a career politician and Sith Lord, could reconstruct a hyperdrive from memory, even assuming that the Federation's manufacturing base is up to making one.
From memory I can sketch a fairly accurate Otto Cycle internal combustion engine...even though I am not an automotive engineer.

Hell, on Junkyard Wars / Scrapheap Challenge contestants build things like cannons, jet turbines, seige engines (catapults, trebuchets, battaring rams) out of junkyard parts in eight hours flat!

You don't need to be an engineer, just hire one.
Masochist to Sadist: "Hurt me."
Sadist to Masochist: "No."
Prozac the Robert
Jedi Master

Post by Prozac the Robert »

Haze Gray wrote: There were more aliens in the Old Republic then the Federation. And besides that, the Federation is ruled almost entirely by humans, anyway, and the Old Republic was dominated by a large variety of species. If anything, it will be easier.
I believe that the president of the federation is not human. Also remember the immense political correctnes seen in the NG era. I think drumming up anti alien sentiments in the federation would be like someone trying to claim that women should stay at home and work in the kitchen in todays society.
Hi! I'm Prozac the Robert!

EBC: "We can categorically state that we will be releasing giant man-eating badgers into the area."
Haze Gray
Youngling

Post by Haze Gray »

The president of the Federation isn't human? Source?
"Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof."
-Ashley Montague

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Haze Gray wrote:The president of the Federation isn't human? Source?
In the various star trek movies the president was some type of alien with white fur (obviously not human). I'm not sure what the president is in the TNG and later series.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Haze Gray
Youngling

Post by Haze Gray »

I am almost positive that at some point we have seen a human president ... oh well
"Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof."
-Ashley Montague

Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Haze Gray wrote:I am almost positive that at some point we have seen a human president ... oh well
In Star Trek IV, the President was Human.

In Star Trek VI, the President was an alien (with white whiskers but otherwise human-looking).

In DS9 era the only time we see the Federation President was in the season 4 two-parter "Homefront/Paradise Lost" - he was definitely an alien. His name was Jaresh Enyo (or something).

Later on IIRC it's revealed Jaresh Enyo was either retired or replaced with another President, who's identity remains unknown. It was in the later DS9 seasons, though I can't recall specifically which episode.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Enola Straight wrote:Hell, on Junkyard Wars / Scrapheap Challenge contestants build things like cannons, jet turbines, seige engines (catapults, trebuchets, battaring rams) out of junkyard parts in eight hours flat!
10 hours. And the teams are doing all this under the control of an expert, who often have degrees in the stuff they are doing in that particular episode, and always a ton of experience with it.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Haze Gray
Youngling

Post by Haze Gray »

Stofsk: Thanks. My mistake.
-Ashley Montague