wierdest star/st dream

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

As for Star Wars dreams, I can't say as I had a dream that totally revolved around a Star Wars event, but in some of my dreams, when I dream of doing something powerful or where I'm in complete, confident control of something.... I always have a lightsaber on my belt.

My favorite scifi dream was when I was maybe 12 or so... and I always watched Battlestar Galactica. And I had a dream where I was on a Hollywood Western movie set-- all the houses were front-facades-- in the middle of the night and there were tumbleweeds blowing through the town. I was dressed in Western gear and there was a Cylon Centurion in this abandoned town I was gunnin' for. The Cylon had a cowboy hat and spurs, and a gun belt with a pistol in it like me. But here's the thing-- they were cap guns. The old red-roll-tape caps, except that they would actually sting you with little invisible bullets if you were close enough. I shot it out with the Cylon and was putting dents in his shiny chrome armor. Somehow I rigged the cap gun to fire by itself on a little wooden stand in the street, and while the Culon stood there and took damage for no reason, I snuck up behind him but realized I couldn't do anything to him 'cause I'd left the cap gun firing on the stand... I think I stole his cap gun and hot him in the back, 'cause in the end I had two cap guns...

I also had a cool Red Dawn dream-- in three parts... that's for another time...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:I don't have any dreams about ST or SW? How can I dream one?
I find the best way is to have a few restless nights, read a lot of Star Wars novels/watch STFC then have a really really really good sleep.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Lusankya wrote:
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:I don't have any dreams about ST or SW? How can I dream one?
I find the best way is to have a few restless nights, read a lot of Star Wars novels/watch STFC then have a really really really good sleep.
Yeah,you can also try make sw/st the last thing you think about before you fall asleep.That works.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
Darik Sdair
Youngling

Post by Darik Sdair »

Wierdest SW/ST dream, huh? Well, I haven't had many, and the wierdest one I know of, I don't remember.

Here's the skinny: for background, you should know at the time that I was deeply involved in an online Star Wars RPG where I played an Imperial captain. I was really deeply into the game, putting in several hours daily, and spending a great deal of "work time" (I was in high school at the time) working on game-related projects.

Well, one day I was on vacation at the family lakefront cottage in Maine. Here I am, sleeping well into the late morning while everyone else is walking around the cottage doing stuff and aparently, I'm told, I started barking out orders and talking about "science fictioney" things in my sleep.

I can only assume I had a very engaging Star Wars dream :roll:
Banzai!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

You know, I don't recall ever dreaming about ST vs SW.

I had a dream about Chasing Amy that may have been vaguely ASVS related once.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Spyder wrote:You know, I don't recall ever dreaming about ST vs SW.

I had a dream about Chasing Amy that may have been vaguely ASVS related once.
Hi Spyda. You know, I bet you've had more images relating to your avatar... ;)
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

I dreamt I was body boarding on a no-smoking sign once.