Discuss.
PROUD TO
BE A
BRIT!

Ich werde Sie töten!
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

The Federation Laundry Tender is forced to surrender its cargo of silken undergarments.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:The Federation Laundry Tender is forced to surrender its cargo of silken undergarments.
So silky and smooth and soft....

Ahem.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

The ISD crews send over all their laundry to the laundry ship, which has to overload its machines in order to fill the demand. The overload causes a warp core breach, destroying the laundry ship and everyone's clothes. Life on the ISDs suddenly gets more interesting.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lucky my mental defense snaped in place before Raxmei statment got all the way through considering the roughly 90% Male Human Enlistment rate

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

Actually, "aggravating" would probably be a better word than "interesting." Everyone only has one set of clothes left, so they'd want to rush straight back to base for replacements. Then they'd have to explain to everyone how a single Fed laundry ship forced three ISDs to retreat.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Raxmei wrote:The ISD crews send over all their laundry to the laundry ship, which has to overload its machines in order to fill the demand. The overload causes a warp core breach, destroying the laundry ship and everyone's clothes. Life on the ISDs suddenly gets more interesting.
Mr Bean wrote:Lucky my mental defense snaped in place before Raxmei statment got all the way through considering the roughly 90% Male Human Enlistment rate
:shock:
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

90%? What other aliens are there other than Thrawn and the Noghri?!
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I guess you missed the "male" part of that statement.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

Off topic. Thread moved.
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Oh...I guess I did. lol

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Does the Federation even do laundry? Wouldn't that be too low-tech? Would they prefer to render dirty clothes into their composite atoms and then simply replicate new garments? They can call it "quantum stain-removal flux direction".
The Great and Malignant
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Would be more in character for the federation to replicate new clothes and atomize the old ones.
Supermod
Imperial Federation
Youngling

Post by Imperial Federation »

Well, er, maybe they have laundry ships that do just that, go from place to place, replicating new clothes and getting rid of the old.
Probably to give the Zakdorn something to do.
All members of the Imperial Redshirt Troopers are expected to die horribly for their Empire!
Go, and get killed in the most pointless way imaginable!
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

But shouldn't they have laundry/replicating facilities onboard? Building dedicated laundry ships would be very ... idiotic.
Supermod
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

::blink::

A Laundry Wars post and nobody told me?
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

I started this on the LOTR with Terminators thread as sarcasm, and there was actually someone stupid enough to post a non-ASVS Laundry Wars related topic about it :P
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

But shouldn't they have laundry/replicating facilities onboard? Building dedicated laundry ships would be very ... idiotic.
Hello? This is the Federation we're talking about. You know, the guys who have civilian families on warships.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

The Feds probably invented clothes that need no cleaning. lol Actually I bet they always wear the exact same thing, except holograms make them appear to be different. The microcomputers imbedded in the lifeform measure every conceviable physical aspects on the surface of beings and change around to simulate old-fashioned clothes, just like what they would have on the holodecks. They could call it the "Coordinated Layers Of Technoillogical Holographic Emitters System," or CLOTHES. Homer would have some fun with this:

(Gets out of bed, eats breakfast, and "gets dressed")
"CLOTHES on."
(Walks out into corridors with spiffy-looking blue and white Federation uniform on)
(Sees Seven of Nine walking in corridor)
"CLOTHES off."
(Poses like he did in the episode where he shot racy pictures for Marge)
(Seven of Nine starts calculating the most efficient way to neutralize the annoyance and draws her phaser)
"CLOTHES on! CLOTHES on!"
(CLOTHES fails to respond to his command, and instead its warp core explodes)
"Oh, Jebus save me!!!"
(Runs away screaming with Seven of Nine shooting phaser at him)

LMSx
Jedi Knight

Post by LMSx »

Cpt_Frank wrote:But shouldn't they have laundry/replicating facilities onboard? Building dedicated laundry ships would be very ... idiotic.
This *is* the Federation we're talking about. ;)
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The United Federation of Idiotic Planets
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

1. Imperials board the laundry ship, and come out with all th clothes, chased by security forces.

2. The laundry ship jettisons it's cargo of soiled sumo thongs, and they fly against the bridge of the ISDs, which then collide into each other.

3. (Trekkie Fantasty) The laundry ship destroys all 100 ISDs with 1 phaser blast.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

Imperial stormtroopers board laundry ship, find nothing of value, turn over ship to Imperial engineers, who transform it into either a mobile target on which gunners can hone their live-fire skills or transmogrify it into a mobile cantina for off-duty troops.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I vote for the mobile cantina.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Imperial Federation
Youngling

Post by Imperial Federation »

Mobile cantina?
Hope they gid rid of the warp core first, I'd sooner suck vacuum than board a ship with that bomb sitting in the middle of it.
Then again, if they make them go, it could be a test of their troop's bravery :)
All members of the Imperial Redshirt Troopers are expected to die horribly for their Empire!
Go, and get killed in the most pointless way imaginable!