Boba Fett contracted to hit...

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Boba Fett contracted to hit...

Post by Coyote »

Okay, here's a scenario--

Boba Fett is hired (perhaps by Q or some similar being) to go to various galaxies, universes, realms, etc and bump off high-profile characters. He gets to take his ship, Slave I, and all it can carry. Assume he has enough money to buy anything he wants in the SW universe first but it must be something he can take on his ship (ie, not a Star Destroyer, but if he wants a Droideka that's okay). He begins each mission by bringing his ship through a space/time warp in an unnoticed section of space.

To make things interesting, Fett gets to take an Astromech droid programmed to modify any captured weapons/equipment that he finds to outfit them to Slave I. How will Boba Fett do against--

Captain Kirk?
Captain Picard?
Captain Janeway?
Captain Sisko?
Captain or President Sheridan?
Delenn?
Ambassador Kosh?
Commander Adama?
Cylon Imperious Leader?
an Alien?
a Predator?
a Borg Queen?
Judge Dredd?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

anyone else you can think of...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

He can kill any one of those except for Kosh, Delenn, and the Predator. I don't know about the Cylon leader.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Judge Dredd would at least give him a good fight, and might take him out, dpending upon the support/distraction/cannon fodder provided by other judges.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: Boba Fett contracted to hit...

Post by Isolder74 »

Coyote wrote:Okay, here's a scenario--

Boba Fett is hired (perhaps by Q or some similar being) to go to various galaxies, universes, realms, etc and bump off high-profile characters. He gets to take his ship, Slave I, and all it can carry. Assume he has enough money to buy anything he wants in the SW universe first but it must be something he can take on his ship (ie, not a Star Destroyer, but if he wants a Droideka that's okay). He begins each mission by bringing his ship through a space/time warp in an unnoticed section of space.

To make things interesting, Fett gets to take an Astromech droid programmed to modify any captured weapons/equipment that he finds to outfit them to Slave I. How will Boba Fett do against--

Captain Kirk?
Would get shot between the eyes
Captain Picard?
Would get moth blown off as he says to Fett "We come in peace"
Captain Janeway?
not last 5 min
Captain Sisko?
defiant get blown up
a whole division of rangers would die protecting him but he will still die
Delenn?
shot in the middle of a ritual
Ambassador Kosh?
door to enclosure blown and thermal detinator kills him
Commander Adama?
to old to last ;ong
Cylon Imperious Leader?
sniper shot efore the cylons know what hit him
an Alien?
Fried alien, extra crispy
a Predator?
Fetts helmat has machrobinocs and various other sensors so his cloak won't hide him
a Borg Queen?
rocket dart explodes in her neck *boom*
Judge Dredd?
similerly armed so good fight dread might win
she "majic" her way out of the fight

anyone else you can think of...
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

consequences wrote:Judge Dredd would at least give him a good fight, and might take him out, dpending upon the support/distraction/cannon fodder provided by other judges.
I disagree. While the weapons available to him are very cool, they also weren't THAT impressive. Their firepower was demonstrated when they destroyed a car, and that was not very spectacular. Fett has advantages in training, equipment, and presumably surprise.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

A Fett/Pred fight would be killer, but I think the PRed would come out on top. Unless Fett is allowed to deck his armor with sun crusher metal(name escapes me at the moment)
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Anyone from Starfleet would be easy to take out. The Borg queen also isn't that tough, the hard part would be finding her ship, boarding it, and fighting through all the drones to get to her. Can't say anything about the B5 characters since I've never watched the show. Adama wouldn't be that hard to kill. All Fett has to do is leave his ship drifting and let the Galactica pick him up, claiming that he's a fellow human refugee. Once onboard, Fett could probably take out Adama himself, or he could have a few droidekas roll out and do the dirty work. Against the Cylon leader, Fett could capture a fighter and use it to sneak aboard the base ship like Apollo and Starbuck did in one episode. Judge Dredd is often patroling the streets alone, and wouldn't be much of a challenge given his inferior weaponry. The Predator is dead as well, since Fett's infrared sensors will make its cloak useless. Buffy doesn't stand a chance.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

FeTT could kill all of them without difficulties, the Predator might be a bit difficult, but not impossible, however, when taking on Kirk Fett must take care that
1.None of Kirk's friends (Spock, McCoy, Scotty etc) is around
2.Kirk doesn't rip his shirt during the fight
Supermod
Akm72
Padawan Learner

Post by Akm72 »

Dredd has survived countless hitmen over the years, and has a home-ground advantage in Mega City One. While Fett is good, it's difficult to see how he could take out someone with as strong a character shield as Dredd.
"Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it."
- Dan Barker
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

2.Kirk doesn't rip his shirt during the fight
Fett won't make it a fight. He'll wait 'til Kirk beams down to a planet to begin his usual blockheaded method of examining the place (i.e.- stumble around blindly until one of his redshirts die), and snipe him from a hilltop.
The Great and Malignant
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yes one can not rip one's shirt when you lack a head :D

Remeber Fett's Armor can handle a few tons of pressure(AoTC) its blaster proof at long ranges(Ref:EU) it lets him see 360 Degrees with a few diffrent vision modes its completly Hermeticly sealed and he can fly

Bullet proof VS Dread puts him down rather fast and if not, Has Dread ever been attacked by a Flame-thrower?

Or Slave 1? :twisted:

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Would Fett accept all of the bounties? I thought that he had a moral thing against attacking established governments. (ref Han Solo Trilogy somewhere, I think.)

Although, once witnessing the federation, he might decide to kill off some of the more pathetic characters for the good of humanity.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

If the payment is right, Fett will kill anyone.
Without payment, Fett kills no one. Simple.
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

He only does it if the Target has done wrong of some sort
Working for Jabba thats easy, after all Jabba does not deal with school-children but harden criminals

Some of the Leaders he might not accept, certinatly not Dredd and Buffy(Unless he's Pro Vampire of Course)

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I thought he believed the imperials the rightful government, but would go after anyone for enough money? the rebels dont pay him cuz of funds and morals. . . I dont think it's his end.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I remember he consider giving money to an orphanage one time and he also killed some mad imp scientist free of charge, he also wont pull a gun on another bounty hunter - he does have some sort of ethics but I wouldnt want to place my money on exactly what they were.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

First he would invest in a Xerrol Nightstinger. And several droidikas as well as more missles for Slave I.
Captain Kirk?
Put out distress call and when he shows up shoot him and run away.
Captain Picard?
Ask for political asylum and when he grants it kill him and the entire crew singlehandedly.
Captain Janeway?
Offer her a chance to break the Prime Directive and then kill her.
Captain Sisko?
During long winded speech kill him.
Kidnap Delenn and lure him away from his rangers, then kill both.
Delenn?
See above
Ambassador Kosh?
Might be hard, but a few thermal detonators into him quarters would do it.
Commander Adama?
Uses Slave I to blow up the galactica.
Cylon Imperious Leader?
Blow his ship up.
an Alien?
Shoot the fucker when it runs at him.
a Predator?
Use him infared to hunt him. :D
a Borg Queen?
Small missle right into the midsection then a Therm detonator.
Judge Dredd?
Blow his cycle up while he is arriving
One shot one kill.

And what about Odo.
use liquid nitrogen to freeze him then sledgehammer and flamethrower.
And Worf.
Small pocket knife when he uses batleth.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Acutal destroying DS9 is the best way to kill Odo(After evcuating Quark of course) as it would be the best solution to the various problems they face

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Mr Bean wrote:Remeber Fett's Armor can handle a few tons of pressure(AoTC)
?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

He's referring to when Jango get trampled during the arena fight. Although I must note that Boba has a different suit.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

He's referring to when Jango get trampled during the arena fight. Although I must note that Boba has a different suit.
True but some-how I don't see Son going with a Weaker Verison of his Dad's armor

Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Captain Kirk? -- Fett all the way

Captain Picard? --Fett

Captain Janeway? --Fett

Captain Sisko? --Fett

Captain or President Sheridan? --would be tough to get close, but Fett

Delenn? --again, a tough assignment, but Fett

Ambassador Kosh? --Kosh. It is debateable that Vorlons can really be killed.

Commander Adama? --Fett

Cylon Imperious Leader? --Fett

an Alien? --Good fight, but Fett

a Predator? --Predator. Fett is good, but these guys wrote the book.

a Borg Queen? --Fett

Judge Dredd? --Dredd

Buffy the Vampire Slayer? --Fett

I'd like to add the following.
From Leige Killer - a paratwa vs Fett. --Paratwa wipes the floor with Fett's headless body.

From Hyperion - the Shrike. Shrike destoys Fett.

From Dune - Fremen. -Fremen eats his lunch on Fett's corpse after taking his water.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

The T-800 and T-1000

Use Slave I. But if he is stuck on ground. Use nitrogen to freeze 1000 then thermall detonator.
T-800 should prove no problem.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Cool-- my idea was that Fett would, of course, have to get to all these people first-- it's not like the hand of Q picks them both up and puts them in a gladiatorial pit.

I was actually thinking that the Galactica hits would be harder than we give credit for-- the series suffered from poor writing and disposable silliness (ie Cute Kid And Dog) but the tech level was supposed to be about the same (courtesy John Dykstra's sfx). But decoying himself as another human refugee would be cool. Once aboard, I am sure that Fett could tear holes through the Galactica fighters, who are mostly pistol-packing pilot types rather than soldiers.

But actually getting to Kirk may be hard, he's the only SF captain that rose through the ranks of Security so he tends to enter situations thinking about going into RSM (ripped shirt mode). I admit Picard, Janeway and Sisko would be easy hits-- "Hello, mysterious traveller, and welcome to--" *thunk*.

But if Fett won't go against established gov'ts, what does that mean to the Federation? The Borg would be a busy fight simply because of all the cannon fodder drones, but Fett walking down the hall with his flanks covered by a pair of Droidekas would be an idea...

But I'm still not sure about Kosh-- in fact for all the B5 crew remember he has to get aboard the B5 in the first place and those guys, with Garibaldi running security, are notoriously paranoid. We've seen squads of Security with PPG rifles take down cloaked Shadows before, they may actually manage to keep Fett off-balance for awhile. If Fett meets Delnn and Sheridan aboard a WhiteStar, how'd that be? The B5'ers are all fanatically motivated...

Dredd has a penchant for mano-y-mano fighting, I think he'd go after Fett alone. And Judges are trained from childhood to be psychologically and physically hardened to all sorts of combat. Would Dredd's lack of weapons variety be the deciding fctor? The Lawgiver (and presumably Dredd's Lawmaster bike) have a few surprises, but would they be enough?

The Alien may get the drop on Fett but unless it got that tail-stab in quick, Fett may have an edge. And Buffy, surprisingly enough, may be able to hold her own in a melee-weapon combat, if she can maneuver the cagey Fett into that sort of thing...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Boba Fett rules. By far the best Star Wars Scum character.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!