[IvP] What goes around comes around.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

[IvP] What goes around comes around.

Post by weemadando »

ABC News wrote:Bus shooting a 'bloodthirsty act of Jewish terrorism'

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon condemned as a bloodthirsty act of Jewish terrorism the shooting of four Arab Israelis by a religious soldier over the Government's Gaza pullout plan.

"This was a reprehensible act by a bloodthirsty Jewish terrorist who sought to attack innocent Israeli citizens," Mr Sharon said.

"This terrorist event was a deliberate attempt to harm the fabric of relations among all Israeli citizens.

"Terrorism by civilians against civilians is the most dangerous thing affecting the future of the state of Israel and its stability as a democracy."

The 19-year-old soldier was lynched after the shootings by furious residents of the Arab-Israeli town of Shfaram.

It was the first deadly incident connected to Israel's controversial plan to uproot all troops and settlers from Gaza and parts of the northern West Bank later this month.

Mr Sharon urged Israeli Jews and Arabs to remain calm in the aftermath of the shooting.

"At this difficult hour for the state of Israel, I call on all public leaders in Israel - Jewish, Muslim, Christian and Druze, to work together in an effort to maintain the internal fabric of relations and to act responsibly and with restraint, and to allow the legal authorities to finish their investigation of this awful terrorist attack," he said.

- AFP
Its things like this that remind me why I try to not care about the whole thing.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

The moment this becomes widespread is the moment you can start looking at civil war as a possiblity.

With that, I'll monitor the situation and adjust my flight home as needed.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Serves the fucktard fucking right.... he chose the worst possible time to pull this(which was the point, of course....).
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Faqa wrote:Serves the fucktard fucking right.... he chose the worst possible time to pull this(which was the point, of course....).
Faqa, how many of the people in your base would be dis-obeyers? I imagine the number is low in an intel base but I'm intrested.

Its Ace Pace.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Few to none. Even the religious guys are doing what they're told. We have a Nagad there who's a settler, but he hasn't been making waves.

You see the orange(and blue...), or saw until both were banned from in-unit cars, but that's about it.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Keeps confirming that the entire anti-disengagment is a tiny minority thats talking way too much. :D

Its Ace Pace.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Tiger Ace wrote:Keeps confirming that the entire anti-disengagment is a tiny minority thats talking way too much. :D
Vocal minorities control governments. That's the way the world works.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Augustus Caesar
Youngling

IvP

Post by Augustus Caesar »

It's not really that surprising. After WWII many Jewish people who'd survived the Holocaust began giving some Germans in refugee camps the same treatment. Not that many people know about it, as it's been swept under the rug. Put in Solomon Morel in a Google search, and you'd get some interesting results.