US military ran antivax campaign to discredit china

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

US military ran antivax campaign to discredit china

Post by PainRack »

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... ropaganda/

Jesus h Christ. To summarise, the US military under Trump launched an antivax campaign targeting Filipinos to discredit China in 2020. The program was shut down in 2021.

The military program started under former President Donald Trump and continued months into Joe Biden's presidency, Reuters found – even after alarmed social media executives warned the new administration that the Pentagon had been trafficking in COVID misinformation. The Biden White House issued an edict in spring 2021 banning the anti-vax effort, which also disparaged vaccines produced by other rivals, and the Pentagon initiated an internal review, Reuters found.
Donald ... You the fucking worst.

She also noted that China had started a "disinformation campaign to falsely blame the United States for the spread of COVID-19
Yeah. So did you Pentagon.....

Fuck this.... Just fuck it.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: US military ran antivax campaign to discredit china

Post by Solauren »

So, Trump knowingly ordered the United States to run an operation that endangered the lives of everyone in Florida, if not the entire United States (and perhaps globally)?

Isn't that a crime?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

He is a convicted felon... just not for that particular sin. Yeah, he's a steaming pile of shit.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The article highlights a number of people who objected to it, but not if those people did it anyways or how many just went along with it.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Solauren wrote: 2024-06-19 08:34am So, Trump knowingly ordered the United States to run an operation that endangered the lives of everyone in Florida, if not the entire United States (and perhaps globally)?

Isn't that a crime?
Technically, his campaign targeted Filipinos, a former US colony. So you know, more kill POC .
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Gandalf wrote: 2024-06-19 11:09am The article highlights a number of people who objected to it, but not if those people did it anyways or how many just went along with it.
No it didn't. The article highlighted aid workers and experts who are dismayed by this. ..

The US Pentagon official cited justified their campaign by saying China was also running a disinformation campaign that the US started the virus.

That's BULLSHIT, since the US was ALSO running their own disinformation campaign that China bioweapon covid.

Not to mention the campaign itself was racist, running tags of China is the Virus . And then claiming Sinovac was haram with pork gelatin, targeting Muslims AGAIN.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Gandalf wrote: 2024-06-19 11:09am The article highlights a number of people who objected to it, but not if those people did it anyways or how many just went along with it.
I apologise. I didn't realise the article was longer on my phone when I read it

I see which portion you mean now.

It clearly highlights that the US is involved in a propaganda war with Russia and China, and in the process of doing so, is willing to kill brown people to do it.

Because obviously China offering covid aid to Asia can only be beaten by Trumpian lies.
montypython
Jedi Master

Post by montypython »

This was something I was aware of for quite a while (and is not the first time or type of deadly misinformation from them either), which is why I've always cautioned folks not from the US about the dangers of adherence to US government political decisions/positions.