Major incident occuring on the London Underground.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Stupid no edit.
the authorities may have shut down the cellphone network after the attacks to prevent the remote detonation of further bombs via cellphone, and this may explain some of the explosives which have been found which were unexploded.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

There's nothing saying this is over. There could be separate devices elsewhere set to go off later, it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Tiger Ace wrote:so summery..3 buses, 6 subways, a host of alerts to defuse. this could have been ALOT worse. :?
I believe it is one bus, not three. It could have been worse but don't jump the gun - there is a lot of censorship of the media atm and we have no idea how the casulty count will go.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Dark
Youngling

Post by Dark »

I just cant under stand the mentalty of any one that would bomb inecent people
In the future we wont spank the monkey, The monkey will spank us!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Apparently an unknown group is claiming these attacks in the name of AQ. Also, no raising alert level in the US yet.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

ALI_G wrote:
Tiger Ace wrote:so summery..3 buses, 6 subways, a host of alerts to defuse. this could have been ALOT worse. :?
I believe it is one bus, not three. It could have been worse but don't jump the gun - there is a lot of censorship of the media atm and we have no idea how the casulty count will go.
Three buses, confirmed on that. It was on the Beeb numerous times as "Three buses..etc"

Its Ace Pace.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

What do people think will happen eventually when people start saying: "ATTEMPTED COVER-UP!" due to the original declaration of power-surge...

In other breaking news - idiot tries to attack PMs residence in Australia with a knife. Subdued by guard.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

What the fuck kind of bomb does that to a bus? That had to be a suicide.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

weemadando wrote:[really bad sarcasm]
Did anyone else see the really badly burned guy receving CPR as he was taken from the ambulance at Royal London - Sarah didn't respond too well to that.
Yeah that was horrible, and was quickly pulled. There was no point in showing that - imagine what his relatives felt like seeing that?
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Latest report from the BBC was that there was only 1 bus.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

I find it hard to believe only two have died so far from those blasts. Those double-deckers are always packed and one was clearly almost cut in half. It's miraculous for anyone to survive that without major injury.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Another interesting point - how long till peak hour in East Coast US - or is that right about now?
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

There is a report of a Polish goverment building burning, related?
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Israeli Finance Minister Netanyau was in London not far from the explosions and was supposed to have held a conferance of some kind. Could have been planned to interupt his speach.

Its Ace Pace.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Stuart Mackey wrote:This shit sux, I have relatives in the London area.
So do I. As I imagine a lot of NZers and Aussies would. This is going to effect a lot of people.
:D
Dark
Youngling

Post by Dark »

when do you think the phones well be back on
In the future we wont spank the monkey, The monkey will spank us!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

weemadando wrote:Another interesting point - how long till peak hour in East Coast US - or is that right about now?
Rush-hour on the east coast starts in about 15 minutes.

To Valdemar: See that red thing on the ground next to the bus? That's its roof. Definitely more than 2.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:I find it hard to believe only two have died so far from those blasts. Those double-deckers are always packed and one was clearly almost cut in half. It's miraculous for anyone to survive that without major injury.
When I was listening to the World Service coverage, survivors of the train bombs were saying that the carriages that had the explosions on them were almost completely destroyed...
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:I find it hard to believe only two have died so far from those blasts. Those double-deckers are always packed and one was clearly almost cut in half. It's miraculous for anyone to survive that without major injury.
They need to confirm, so far their saying missing.

Its Ace Pace.
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:What the fuck kind of bomb does that to a bus? That had to be a suicide.
No, a case discreetly "forgotten" will do just fine. A timer set for a few minutes...
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Gah, again no edit. :oops:
The double decker bus with the roof torn off? It was apprently a suicide bomber.

Its Ace Pace.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

The BBC's correspondent said that the fatalities don't seem to be as high as Omagh, but honestly we will be very, very lucky if the fatality rate isn't as high as a hundred. So many bombs, so many packed carriages and buses - there must be many dead, sadly. :(
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
weemadando wrote:Another interesting point - how long till peak hour in East Coast US - or is that right about now?
Rush-hour on the east coast starts in about 15 minutes.
Rush-hour in 15 minutes a major incident in London and they haven't gone to Brown alert yet? Dept Homeland Security is getting lax...

Though it would REALLY be a worry if more than one city was hit.

And as for the bomb origin - given the size of the blasts, well made suicide bombs look most likely as there is atleast something left of that bus...
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

10 dead at King Cross.

Its Ace Pace.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

ALI_G wrote:The BBC's correspondent said that the fatalities don't seem to be as high as Omagh, but honestly we will be very, very lucky if the fatality rate isn't as high as a hundred. So many bombs, so many packed carriages and buses - there must be many dead, sadly. :(
I'd be guestimating around 150 final tally - of course, thats based on the reports from the witnesses of the train bombings. Anyone in the "ground zero" carriages wouldn't have had a chance by all accounts - especially when you factor in the explosion, the derailing and subsequent possibility of hazardous fumes and just general smoke. The SAR people going in are wearing biohazard suits for a reason.