Best Final Fantasy "Love" Theme

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

RogueIce
_______

Best Final Fantasy "Love" Theme

Post by RogueIce »

What's your pick? From what I've got, it's "Aria de Mezzo Catarie (sp)" from FF6, "Aeries Arranged" from FF7 (not a REAL love song, but fairly close, when you consider the MAIN time it was played...), and "Eyes on Me" from FF8 (either the original one or the various offshoots of it, like Julia's Piano Solo or Love Grows).

As for the rest of the FF games, never played them, so not too much into their music. But feel free to contribute them, and maybe some links as to a good place to get the MIDIs so I can take a listen.

My pick: Toss up between "Aria" (FF6) and "Aeris Arranged" (FF7). They're both fairly similar, and more of the sweeping, opreatic type of music. "Eyes" (FF8) is nice, but it doesn't have the grand, sweeping feel of the other two. While it's still very good, I prefer the sweeping feel for some reason.

Thoughts, comments, additions?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Aria. The others are all great, but Aria is just one of the best moments in console gaming, period.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Durran Korr wrote:Aria. The others are all great, but Aria is just one of the best moments in console gaming, period.
Aria is, if I'm not mistaken, the "Oh my hero.." song? Then I agree, one of the best moments.

I bawled my eyes out during "Aeris Arranged", so I'm not as fond of it. It's sadder for me.

FF8 and FF9 didn't have any memoriable songs, IMHO.

FF10 has two beautiful themes. The first is the "Hymn of the Fayth", and the second is the theme that plays during the campsite FMV scene. Anyone know that one's name?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
McNum
Padawan Learner

Post by McNum »

You're looking for "Suteki Da Ne" (Or "Isn't it Beautiful" for the Orchestral version).

That one is one of my favourites. That and "Eyes on Me".
The Aria is good (and a fun part of the game), but I like those better.
I'm the Randomly Chosen One!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

As a specific love theme, I'd have to say "Eyes on Me" from FFVIII.

There's a good remix of it on OC ReMix that features a different female vocal and a techno beat. It's specifically the "Not Faye Wong" version.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Eyes on me was damn fine, dunno what it is to e but that song is awfully appealing.

"Someday the Dream will End" was an excellent piece from FFX
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

LadyTevar wrote:Aria is, if I'm not mistaken, the "Oh my hero.." song? Then I agree, one of the best moments.
That it is.
Lady Tevar wrote:I bawled my eyes out during "Aeris Arranged", so I'm not as fond of it. It's sadder for me.
Yeah, that is a very sad song...I got a good piano only version of it too. Very emotional.
Lady Tevar wrote:FF8 and FF9 didn't have any memoriable songs, IMHO.
I haven't found any either, but I never played either game too much, so...
Lady Tevar wrote:FF10 has two beautiful themes. The first is the "Hymn of the Fayth", and the second is the theme that plays during the campsite FMV scene. Anyone know that one's name?
I'll have to look the two of them up sometime. *writes down names*
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight