Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Cottages can be made by combining 'anti-cheese' with 'cottage cheese'. I borrowed some cottage cheese, but I've totally lost my anti-cheese now.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Stark wrote:Cottages can be made by combining 'anti-cheese' with 'cottage cheese'. I borrowed some cottage cheese, but I've totally lost my anti-cheese now.
Cottage cheese regularilly goes for around 100 meat. Which is what the cottage is selling for... So why spend more when you can get more for less?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

So whats the general take on the gym equipment? Are they worth the adventures?
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

I have applied to join the Clan as my characte, DarthPasta
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Dangermouse wrote:So whats the general take on the gym equipment? Are they worth the adventures?
Yeah, what's it do?
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Not as far as I know. I used an adventure, got 3 smarm. I'm better off in the limerick dungeon.

I just opened my 'locked orcish meat locker' after a week. Got a meat stack, but I apparently installed the meat locker in my campsite. Is this all PvP security stuff?
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

Stark wrote:Not as far as I know. I used an adventure, got 3 smarm. I'm better off in the limerick dungeon.

I just opened my 'locked orcish meat locker' after a week. Got a meat stack, but I apparently installed the meat locker in my campsite. Is this all PvP security stuff?
Exactly. It reduces the amount of meat a PvPer can take. So its not needed until you break the Hippy Stone.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I just started. What the fuck is this. Words cannot describe its weirdness.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

No, its weirding me out - I don't understand what the fuck I'm meant to be doing...

Fighting Assistant Assistant Mad Knob Scientists? Huh?
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

I got the tenderizing hammer. Can anyone tell me how I can make any money with it?
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You make objects by combining the things in the meatsmith store with meat: then add other objects to make them better. IE you can make a meat helmet with a helmet item and meat, then add a tassel to make it a fez.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Here you go, gang. 10,000 meat. Isn't capitalism great?
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

This is looking more and more like spam.

Don't spam or I will lock.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

apparently 10k meat is to low for a chefs hat.....

guy just offered me 15k for it instead
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Faram wrote:This is looking more and more like spam.

Lock? Stickify dammit :D

back on topic: I assume the hobo flex is good for gaining muscle?
What is the Tan-U-lot good for?
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Straha wrote:People! While you can (if you can) go to the mall and search for "Cottage", the U.S.A. Mafia Car Shop is selling Cottages for 100 meat. BUY THEM. They come in handy both for resting at your campsite AND for defense in the scary world of PvP combat (which I have not entered yet).

So, yeah, get to it.

Or just combine cottage cheese and anticheese. That is what I did and now have a cosy cottage
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Thats what *I* said! :)

I've been really unsuccessful at trading: I'm glad other people are doing okay. I've been reading up on clan wars, and apparently it favours offense heavily, and there isn't that much advantage in archers.

I'm surprised the game hasn't run out of content yet: usually in these sort of games I'm bored by now. KoL still throws surprises at me!
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

wautd wrote:

That gives Moxie.

When are us Pastamancer's going to get a machine for Mysticality? :(
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Luke Starkiller wrote:
wautd wrote:

That gives Moxie.

When are us Pastamancer's going to get a machine for Mysticality? :(
Check the Gym, now that being said, ahem:

"WE HAVE ACHIEVED OUR GOAL OF A FULLY STOCKED CLAN GYM, AND WE ARE AHEAD OF SCHEDULE! NOW YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELFS THE PROSPERITY THE FIRST EMPIRE OF LOATHING HAS BROUGHT!"

::clears throat::

So, on to task two. Get 50,000 meat in the stash and keep it fully stocked. And after that, we shall spread ourselves over the Kingdom bringing Anal Sex wherever we may go.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

could we sticky this, since so many are participating, so that it does not descend into the darkness?
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

A note for those trying to build up stats quickly. PvP, if you have decent equipment, is an excellent way to gain stats quickly. Select dignity for the attack choice, and attack away. Bonuses in the region of 60-90 per substat per attack are attainable.
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.