World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Nephtys »

Occasionally the matchmaker bugs the hell out. It's happened a lot less recently though.

I remember a weird game that put 9 people on my team, vs 7 on theirs. Which was... strange.

Are you sure the enemy didn't platoon in a bunch of Tier 2s, Thunderfire? There still is some weight, so it's theoretically possible if a bunch of T7s platooned with T2s, and then got your Tier 5s into the same match.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: El Halluf Monday, January 28, 2013 10:21:15 PM
Vehicle: T29
Experience received: 3,046 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 46,584
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sniper, Cool-Headed, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

The joys of an arty-free match on El Halluf. Naturally I and a few other heavies went north to the hill and we camped out on it, waiting. Their IS tries to poke through and take a shot, bounces off my turret and I fire at his front. I not only damaged it, but I also lit it on fire. Then their T29 kept trying to get close enough to get a shot at me, and I just kept firing into its front plate. At some point I got the chance to finish the IS by hitting its turret hatch. The Tiger with me proved most unhelpful for most of this as it kept blocking my shots. Eventually when the T29 was at 14% I ran over and took it out, then maneuvered in and out of cover to trade shots with their snipers as a KV-1S bounced shots off of me and along with a T-34-85 cowered in fear. After the snipers were done with I killed the 1S and rammed the T-34-85. The Tiger actually did something useful and finished the T-34-85 before it could try and shoot me.

4,214 damage, 23 shots received, 18 shots fired, killed four and damaged six.
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

Nephtys wrote:Occasionally the matchmaker bugs the hell out. It's happened a lot less recently though.

I remember a weird game that put 9 people on my team, vs 7 on theirs. Which was... strange.

Are you sure the enemy didn't platoon in a bunch of Tier 2s, Thunderfire? There still is some weight, so it's theoretically possible if a bunch of T7s platooned with T2s, and then got your Tier 5s into the same match.
It was in a platoon but platooning shouldn't effect top tier weighting that much.
WoT WikiW wrote:The total weight of the top tier vehicles on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 25%.
Battleweight on T7 was 0:27
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

On the one hand, we lost. On the other hand, I was literally the only one on my team to survive and it wasn't from hanging back hiding either.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I have a recent game in my Churchill VII where despite losing I got the highest score in the match (834) and a Top Gun (7 kills), then I was taken out by a PzIV who caught me on 11HP after a KV-1S with his default gun figured he couldn't actually hurt me with it and rammed me instead. We lost by base cap in the end.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well...I finally got the KV-3. And stock at least, it feels very much like a bigger/slower T-150. Should be interesting how it plays once I get a better engine and the second turret.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Well...I finally got the KV-3. And stock at least, it feels very much like a bigger/slower T-150. Should be interesting how it plays once I get a better engine and the second turret.
It hits hard once you have the D-25T. It never felt like it really had that much armor though. Anyone competent shouldn't have a problem getting right through it, but then again, these are pubbies we're talking about.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

The big issue I have with the KV-3's armour is that the mantlet is actually one of the relatively weaker spots on the front and I'm so used to that being the thickest part of the tank.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

I just solo killed a Cromwell...

With an M5A1 Stuart. That shouldn't happen.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Esquire wrote:I just solo killed a Cromwell...

It's not that surprising, the M5A1 has the best gun among tier 4 lights. Up against a poor driver in a bigger tank, you can use it's mobility to circle them to death.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

A nice battle with my god old BT-2.
Victory!
Battle: Province 30. januar 2013 16:56:57
Vehicle: BT-2
Experience received: 1 850 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 10 849
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

Yesterday, I had 9 kills with my T18. :)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Lictuel
Redshirt

Post by Lictuel »

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2013 21:13:44
Vehicle: PzKpfw VIB Tiger II
Experience received: 4.652 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 70.828
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Damn nice game, got 5 kills and saved the day. Did 5.2k damage, occupied and killed 3 enemies on my own when my team was on its way to a defeat.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Vortex Empire wrote:

It's not that surprising, the M5A1 has the best gun among tier 4 lights. Up against a poor driver in a bigger tank, you can use it's mobility to circle them to death.
The M5A1 should have some difficulty outmaneouvering a Cromwell, a tank that can happily chase T-50s all over the place. It does have paper armour, but only the most braindead of drivers would sit there and just take it whilst an M5 plinks away at it.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Vendetta wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:

The M5A1 should have some difficulty outmaneouvering a Cromwell, a tank that can happily chase T-50s all over the place. It does have paper armour, but only the most braindead of drivers would sit there and just take it whilst an M5 plinks away at it.
I think being singlehandedly killed by an M5A1 heavily implies that the Cromwell driver was indeed braindead.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I am glad for people like that keeping my nice tanks nice.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:25:06 AM
Vehicle: KV-3
Experience received: 890
Credits received: 29,480
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

I do believe I have found my calling...the slow, heavily armored brutes :P

I was top tier, in a (mostly) stock KV-3, and literally sat there while everyone and their grandmother plinked off my armor. I took 47 hits, from tanks near or at my tier, including a JagdPanther and Black Prince. In the end I only got two kills (the JP and a PzV/M10), but I did 1,769 damage overall. I can't WAIT to get the second turret and the second 122mm. This thing will be a literal murder machine when it isn't getting stuck with T8's. :D
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

^Just wait till you get the KV-4, now THAT'S a Soviet Slabwagon.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

New Special

Me likey :D

100% credit increase for the T-150, and a half-off KV-1 (itself getting a 70% increase). This should be fun, though I'm debating on if I should go for the KV or not :P
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

OOOOH. Crew skills. This is going to be the optimal time to play some batchat and get terrible pub games.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

Hilarious low tier battle. Our arty is retarded and charges forward with only the cover of a ridge. Their fast tanks race in for an easy kill, my KV is able to pick them off getting four kills before they take him out. If I did not know better I would say it was a clever plan.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Fisherman's Bay Friday, February 01, 2013 4:32:57 PM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 913
Credits received: 55,422
Battle Achievements: Sniper

I think I'm going to be playing the T-150 A LOT this weekend...darn that's a lot of money... :shock: :shock:
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Karelia Friday, February 01, 2013 8:12:39 PM
Vehicle: M6
Experience received: 1,209
Credits received: 29,842

Sometimes, stupid plans work really well.

We were defense and we found out that their northern push consisted of the single Churchill 7 we just killed. So our Churchill 7 and I went behind to the hill to kill their arty and snipers. We only found an SU-152 there and it nearly killed us, but we got it in the end, with church absorbing shots and me killing it. Then I sat on the hill and sniped away their attacking force, killing a KV-2, Comet, and T29 from range. Their surviving attack tried to cap but it was already in the last minute. Never found their Hummel unfortunately. I was at 5% at the end of the match, thanks to the SU-152.

EDIT: Also fun fact, did a perfect 3k damage.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

If its stupid but it works, its not stupid.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Friday, February 01, 2013 9:51:29 PM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 1,253
Credits received: 58,202
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper

And this is the reason that the T-150 replaced the 3601 in my garage :D
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Just blew poor Darth Wong and his son up on El Halluf. Alas, their team did not support them, but at least they still made credits, I'm sure.

I wish my dad still played video games with me... :(
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan