Mario vs Sonic

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

What about Sledgehammer Mario?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

fgalkin wrote:What about Sledgehammer Mario?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Is he the dude from SMB3? I love him!

Anyway, he's not mentioned in the starter post, so...you're SOL.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I'm assuming Mario from Smash Bros series doesn't count, right?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

I'm rooting for Mario on this one. Sure, he's pretty much outclassed by Sonic, combat ability-wise, but Mario had a couple of good games back in the 8-bit days, although he started to suck when he went 16-bit and had been going downhill since then. Sonic, on the other hand, has never had a good game.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Drooling Iguana wrote:I'm rooting for Mario on this one. Sure, he's pretty much outclassed by Sonic, combat ability-wise, but Mario had a couple of good games back in the 8-bit days, although he started to suck when he went 16-bit and had been going downhill since then. Sonic, on the other hand, has never had a good game.
riiiight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Drooling Iguana wrote:I'm rooting for Mario on this one. Sure, he's pretty much outclassed by Sonic, combat ability-wise, but Mario had a couple of good games back in the 8-bit days, although he started to suck when he went 16-bit and had been going downhill since then. Sonic, on the other hand, has never had a good game.
*Super Spin Dashes Iguana*

You've never played Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 attached, have you?
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

You can be shot for lesser crimes than that.

Recant your ways, or the inquisition will be loosed upon you.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

About the Cape dive, it affected the entire screen in Super Mario World, so I'm assuming that it has a pretty large blast radius. Unless Sonic finds a place that doesn't allow flight, Mario will catch Sonic in the shockwave sooner or later.
fgalkin wrote:What about Sledgehammer Mario?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
You mean Jumpman from Donkey Kong? He's unstoppable, but slow and the hammer wears off pretty quickly.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Darth Yoshi wrote:About the Cape dive, it affected the entire screen in Super Mario World, so I'm assuming that it has a pretty large blast radius. Unless Sonic finds a place that doesn't allow flight, Mario will catch Sonic in the shockwave sooner or later.
Mario has to get a running start first with the cape which sonic with super speed boots can catch up to him and run him down. Even if Mario takes to the air and dives if he misses he has to get a running start again.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

thecreech wrote:Mario has to get a running start first with the cape which sonic with super speed boots can catch up to him and run him down. Even if Mario takes to the air and dives if he misses he has to get a running start again.
Been awhile since I played, but does the shockwave affect anything in the air? If not, all Sonic has to do is jump.

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

RogueIce wrote:Been awhile since I played, but does the shockwave affect anything in the air? If not, all Sonic has to do is jump.
I don't think it affects anything in the air
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The shockwave from the impact with the ground doesn't affect airborne enemies, but it's a simple matter to switch to the sliding attack to compensate.

What would happen if Caped Mario decided to go on a spin frenzy? Sonic can run circles around him, but can he get any hits in?

Flying cap suffers from the time limit syndrome, which is why the Cape is better in this situation.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
mauldooku
Jedi Master

Post by mauldooku »

Darth Yoshi wrote:The shockwave from the impact with the ground doesn't affect airborne enemies, but it's a simple matter to switch to the sliding attack to compensate.

What would happen if Caped Mario decided to go on a spin frenzy? Sonic can run circles around him, but can he get any hits in?

Flying cap suffers from the time limit syndrome, which is why the Cape is better in this situation.
Sonic jumps up and hits him with the Insta-Shield on the way down.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Darth Yoshi wrote:The shockwave from the impact with the ground doesn't affect airborne enemies, but it's a simple matter to switch to the sliding attack to compensate.

Sonic is still invincible, regardless. All he has to do is catch at least one ring from any hit.

And Sonic can jump on a spinning Mario's head anyway.