Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Well, after a moderately busy day, I have joined, reached level three, and applied for membership, bringing naught but the pitiful items in my inventory.

Look for 'consequences(Shocking, neh?) on the humble applicant list.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Woah, Ive had the best of luck in finding disembodied brains today. Finally could make me both a bartender and chef in the box 8)
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

What drops disembodied brains? Last night I took out the one in the stash to build a Meat Maid. Also, I have 20 rat whiskers, and I can't get the council to take any of them. Am I missing something?
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

The rat whiskers only work when you've cleared the Typical Tavern. You'll know that when you can go there and get drunk.

Disembodied brains are used by brainsweepers, found in Fernswarthy's Tower. It might take a while until you get one and it might not. Depends on the moons, I guess.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Crayz9000 wrote:The rat whiskers only work when you've cleared the Typical Tavern. You'll know that when you can go there and get drunk.

Disembodied brains are used by brainsweepers, found in Fernswarthy's Tower. It might take a while until you get one and it might not. Depends on the moons, I guess.
I ran into two in a row yesterday. Maybe its a good time of year for them. :wink:

What does one do with a brainy skull?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Pure Sabacc wrote:
Crayz9000 wrote:The rat whiskers only work when you've cleared the Typical Tavern. You'll know that when you can go there and get drunk.

I ran into two in a row yesterday. Maybe its a good time of year for them. :wink:

What does one do with a brainy skull?
Makes a Smart Skull, a required part for Meat Maids, and the various helpers-in-a-box.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

I just joined, I am currently a level 2 Pastamancer. Is it cool that I join?
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:I just joined, I am currently a level 2 Pastamancer. Is it cool that I join?
NO! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME! NO ONE LIKES YOU! THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER WITH YOU DEAD!

:wink:

Come on in and enjoy the fun...
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I do believe you must be either lvl 3 or 5 to join a clan. But welcome. :P
Cyborg Stan
Jedi Knight

Post by Cyborg Stan »

Nephtys wrote:Makes a Smart Skull, a required part for Meat Maids, and the various helpers-in-a-box.
I'm somewhat certain that's backwards.
ASVS Vets Assoc, Class of 1999

Geh Ick Bleah

Avatar is an image of Yuyuko Saigyouji from the Touhou Series.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Here's the skull rundown:

Smart Skull + Disembodied Brain = Brainy Skull
Brainy Skull + Beer Goggles = Bartender Skull
Brainy Skull + Chef's Hat = Chef Skull
Brainy Skull + Maiden Wig = Maid Head
Brainy Skull + Gnoll Lips = Detective Skull (Hat)
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

How do I kill the Bonerdragon???
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Do not accept The Dark. That was a prototype character I'm not planning on using any more. Do accept Darth Ragu, a Sauceror, when he applies (that's me).

[edit] Do the "other" stats (Muscle, Moxie) affect my character, and if so, how?
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

Muscle improves HP and damage. Moxie improves initiative and defense. As you adventure, you'll get bumps to all of them, and the clan has items to up any stat you like. Also, you need a lot of Moxie to wear a Cornuthaum, which ups both Mysticality and Moxie.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

What does the digital key do?
Did I waste my pixels on it?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Pure Sabacc wrote:What does the digital key do?
Did I waste my pixels on it?
Digital Key becomes important later, so no you didn't waste your pixels.

Gods I love this clan war-fare thing, and just so you people know right now I do believe we are among the top ten clans with Goodie Bags... Soon we will be at the top!
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Hey, Straha, may I request a title of "Dark Side of the Tomato" for Darth Ragu?
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

How do I kill the Bonerdragon?????
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

With lots of chopping, hitting, and the occasional CONE OF WHATEVER. :P Or eXtrene ray of something.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Nephtys wrote:With lots of chopping, hitting, and the occasional CONE OF WHATEVER. :P Or eXtrene ray of something.
Ahh, because I have 45 moxie and 84 muscle (with Boris rings) and I can't even land a hit.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Join request sent, also I would like to request the title: Mind Noodler
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

OK, I'm feeling pathetically weak now, considering that my stats add up to a grand total of 21. Third-weakest character in the Clan right now, and one of the two below me is my other character I'm no longer using. Where's a good place for a level 3 character to level? I've mostly been doing Haunted Pantry for the combination of asparagus and the can lids, since I can turn those in for Gourd Potions.
BattleTech for SilCore
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

The Dark wrote:OK, I'm feeling pathetically weak now, considering that my stats add up to a grand total of 21. Third-weakest character in the Clan right now, and one of the two below me is my other character I'm no longer using. Where's a good place for a level 3 character to level? I've mostly been doing Haunted Pantry for the combination of asparagus and the can lids, since I can turn those in for Gourd Potions.
Haunted Pantry is a pretty good place. You'll be weak as heck though until you can grab three Boris's rings or Shiny Rings to boost your stats. Try Shiny rings early, you desperately need HP at that stage.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Where can I get either of those, so I know where to look once I can?

BTW, I'm a 6/11/4 with base 9 HP and base 13 MP, with a pail, an asparagus knife, a bugbear bungguard, and a continuum transfunctioner, with a leprechaun as my familiar.

[edit] How do I unlock a locked meat locker?
Last edited by The Dark on 2005-06-17 09:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
BattleTech for SilCore
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Loot our clan equipment stocks. Almost all of it is newbie gear. Pants of the Slug Lord, Doc Hobo's Scalpel are two good weapons, and I think we have some Boris/Shiny rings about.