World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by krakonfour »

Vendetta wrote:So, stats for the Japanese line are out.

Right now on supertest, the STB-1 has 7.5 r/m with the L7, at -6 depression, and a turret near equivalent to the T-62A. (Even the Type 61 at tier 9 has 6r/m with it, compared to 5 on the Centurion or Leo A)

I think I may have to be grinding that line, because that's basically better DPM than the T-62A (including first shot) with higher alpha and better depression, on a similarly mobile platform, and the only downside seems to be "only" .36 accuracy.

(Maybe the gun handling will be worse, but I can't imagine it will be terribad at tier 10)
Well, at least the tier 4-6 grind doesn't seem horrible, like on the french line, and tier 8-10 are nice, so that only leaves tier 7 as the rotten egg.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
Like worldbuilding? Write D&D adventures or GTFO.

A setting: Iron Giants
Another setting: Supersonic swords and Gun-Kata
Attempts at Art
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The 7 at least looks amusing. It's a neat trick using a short can of 75mm as a surrogate for high alpha. That's a ridiculously fast canister reload, and 10 seconds is a very fast can speed.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Oh man I want that Tier 10 JGSDF medium so bad now.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm looking forward to the Japanese line. Something different to be sure, though only having lights/mediums is going to have to make me adapt somewhat (very much a heavy player here).
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

xthetenth wrote:The 7 at least looks amusing. It's a neat trick using a short can of 75mm as a surrogate for high alpha. That's a ridiculously fast canister reload, and 10 seconds is a very fast can speed.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. So it's an autocannon with a ridiculous recycle rate?
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

It's an autoloader with a 3 round drum, it has a refire of 1 second in the drum, then 10 seconds to reload the drum. The gun itself is effectively equivalent to the 75mm L/70 (5 more pen, 5 less damage) (I wouldn't be surprised if, like the 59-16, it can mount a shell rammer as well)

Also a 1.7 second aimtime.

wat.

Also the Tier 2's premshell is HEAT.

wat.

And it's AP shell only has 1 more pen than the HE one.

wat.
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

AniThyng wrote:
xthetenth wrote:The 7 at least looks amusing. It's a neat trick using a short can of 75mm as a surrogate for high alpha. That's a ridiculously fast canister reload, and 10 seconds is a very fast can speed.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. So it's an autocannon with a ridiculous recycle rate?

It's an AMX 1945 with a 75mm gun that shoot three times in three seconds, then reloads for 10 seconds.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Vendetta wrote:Also the Tier 2's premshell is HEAT.

wat.

wat.
What's the gun caliber?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Simon_Jester wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Also the Tier 2's premshell is HEAT.

wat.

wat.
What's the gun caliber?

57mm. It's basically a low velocity potato cannon. 29AP pen, 28HE pen, but by all appearances (the band on the ammo is yellow) it has a HEAT round as its premium (still only something like 55mm pen though, lucky you can get through tier 2s in nothing flat because that one's going to be crap).

In fact, they all look a bit poo up to tier 5. Tier 3 is the Chi Ha, which we already know is poo, an the tier 4 has a gun with acceptable damage but rubbish pen (but then it's tier 4, so it's to be expected).

The 5-7 ones look OK, and should have hell of gun depression but are made out of paper because the navy nicked all the good steel for ships, and the 8-10 should be pretty good (stock gun on the tier 8 will be a bit bad, but second and up will be OK).
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

If you don't have a Rheinmetall Borsig, get it. It's of the same sort of playstyle as the T49 and Hellcat, a well armed, turreted TD with a low profile and extremely good camo. Stick a camo net, rammer, and binocs on it and you can easily blow people away from beyond their view range. Both guns are excellent, the 128mm is a high RoF, precise, good alpha gun, while the 150mm is a low RoF, massive alpha gun, albeit a bit reliant on HEAT.

No armor at all and it has an open top, so for the love of Odin stay concealed if at all possible.
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

The Vortex Empire wrote:If you don't have a Rheinmetall Borsig, get it. It's of the same sort of playstyle as the T49 and Hellcat, a well armed, turreted TD with a low profile and extremely good camo. Stick a camo net, rammer, and binocs on it and you can easily blow people away from beyond their view range. Both guns are excellent, the 128mm is a high RoF, precise, good alpha gun, while the 150mm is a low RoF, massive alpha gun, albeit a bit reliant on HEAT.

No armor at all and it has an open top, so for the love of Odin stay concealed if at all possible.
That sounds nice and good, but you have to get through the Sturer Emil to get it.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

That is the unfortunate downside, but the Borsig is worth it.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

First game of the day, Marder 38T and 5 kills. Defeat by cap. Second game, winning with 6 kills :D
Then had to hold the left flank by myself in VK 36.01 (H) in Abbey. It was bouncier than I've ever seen it be.

Victory!, VK 3601 (H), Abbey, 11/30/13 9:02 PM: 2,277 nXP, 3,135 dmg
Experience received: 4 554 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 119 657
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sharpshooter, Cool-Headed, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

It amuses me how some people always have to say "gold noob" when gold is a part of the game. I shot regular ammo 90% of the time, but if I know I'm about to meet something with lots of armor or 2-3 shots bounce, I load one of my precious gold rounds because it helps me win the battle. Gold ammo is a part of the game, so deal with it!
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

So, I picked up a E25 since it was on sale this weekend:

http://wotreplays.com/site/458881#.UpuUKOI_mhQ

My god, this thing kind of reminds me of the ELC, just with less alpha and pen, but machine gun like reloads. In the above game, in addition to 1400 damage myself, I managed to get 3000 spotting damage and the patrol duty medal. It's hard to remember this thing is supposed to be a TD.

This thing is a blast.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

The entire E-series is made of love and joy, and I'll hear few words against them.

The E-50 M is proving quite good. I found myself unmolested for that entire match and entertained myself by flanking the enemy's main force and putting potshots into them while they were distracted. This proved effective.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
krakonfour
Padawan Learner

Post by krakonfour »

What tanks are you currently grinding?
Me:
KV-4 (Slow, low DPM and armor is worthless)
JagdPather II (Pretty cool, need the 128mm)
AMX-120 (Depressing gun depression and elevation, very bad camo, need 120mm)
AMX '46 (Average mobility, horrid view range and armor, and worse of all is aim time)
WZ-132 (Good mobility, but need top turret and a useful gun)
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Attempts at Art
Rekkon
Padawan Learner

Post by Rekkon »

Only one I am really "grinding" at the moment is the Rheinmetall. Do not have the top cannon for it yet, but the 128 is plenty good. Other than that I make sure to burn the daily stars on the M6 (to eventually get the T29) and the Lorraine 155 mle. 50 (to eventually get autoloader arty). Everything else is in the garage for Clan Wars and/or fun. Had a great time crew grinding the Maus during the holiday special. Nothing like parking yourself in front of the enemy advance and going full Gandalf.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I'm working my way towards the E5 from the M103. About halfway there.
Grinding Tiger P, which is a real grind with the stock armament, so I'm playing a few other tanks to convert free exp.
Also playing the Vk36.01 [H] and the T30, the Pershing, and occasionally the T71.

On another note, this is how to play an M6:

http://wotreplays.com/site/462281

Victory!
Battle: Karelia 12/3/2013 1:24:51 PM
Vehicle: M6
Experience received: 3,704 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 41,580
Battle Achievements: Sniper
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I tend to just mess around and play the tanks I like. The ones I play the most/want to get further on are:

Tigger II - My most played tank. It's midway between the snipey Tigger and the big brawling bastards that come after it. Good for most things, so long as you keep that lower glacis angled and/or covered.

AMX 50 100 - Don't play it much, mostly because I'm nervous I'll screw it all up. When I do play it, it's a complete blast. Looking forwards to the 120 and 50B as and when.

AT 7/15/Tortoise - Because they're all lovely.

Das Flakbus - I hear the Nashorn's also rather good, so I'm gunning for that. Long way to go, mind.

Jagdpanther II - Has many good points. Also loses every match I drive it in. Long, long way to the Exploding Tinderbox though.

Other things of note are the Conquerer, Comet when I re-buy it, Type-34 and probably the Wolverine. Not sure where I want to go after it, is the thing.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Just now I had one of the most nerve-wracking and also satisfying matches in my M103, ever:

http://wotreplays.com/site/462391

Victory!
Battle: Mines 12/3/2013 2:04:40 PM
Vehicle: M103
Experience received: 3,806 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 81,542
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Steel Wall, Reaper

I have never felt so trapped and vulnerable in the entirety of playing the game. Ended the match with only 158 hp.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

As for me:

KV-1/T-150: They remain my best pair for grinding credits, since I'm too cheap to buy a premium tank.

ELC: Whenever I feel like just messing around and running around slamming that monster of a gun into the side of other tanks. Or arty hunting.

T1/ST-1: The only things I'm really grinding at the moment. Not sure if I'm going to go through with getting the IS-4 now or not. We'll see.

I also have a couple Tier 3's for when I go low-tier for fun. Thinking about rebuying the Tiger (H) so I can get the E-100 at some point in the future, but that's a ways off since I don't have the credits at the moment (ST-1 basically bankrupted me and the things too fun to sell even if I don't go for the IS-4).
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Right now I'm mostly playing the Lorraine 40 and the T-34-2.

The Lorraine is not easy to work with. It can shoot tanks, but relatively poor camo makes it hard to do the Autoloader Surprise, which is one of my favourite things (and which the Batmobile should be somewhat better at).

(Also: check Quickybaby's youtube channel for his QQ video about ghost shells. I was in that game. Sadly whilst my shells were not ghosts the Lorraine is not strong at carrying.)
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

I'm working on the Jagdpanther II and Borsig right now, and they're just murdering everything in sight. Also grinding silver to get the Indien Panzer back, cause I want the Leopard I.