World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

The scout is an abomination unto your God-Emperor. Suffer not the scout to live.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:The scout is an abomination unto your God-Emperor. Suffer not the scout to live.
Yeah, but don't make your Shadowsword (T34) run after it for you.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Zinegata wrote:
PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:The scout is an abomination unto your God-Emperor. Suffer not the scout to live.
Granted, but a Sleazy 8 should be all over it.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:
Zinegata wrote:
Granted, but a Sleazy 8 should be all over it.
The God-Emperor calls it a Leman Russ Conqueror you know. :D
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master

I thought that was the BDR GB1, or as I call it, a "Badger."

Power to the Peaceful

Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:I thought that was the BDR GB1, or as I call it, a "Badger."
Nah, that's just the Leman Russ. Though we should probably stop before we derail the thread into Imperial Armor 40K: The Game :D.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

And I continue my dismal performance in battles, being destroyed while moving into position...........
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1686-81-public-test-1/
check out the list of "new" premium tanks. ... Yep Panzer4 with the smallturm is back as a Tier 6 medium premium tank. I predict much complaining by german players once again.

Also Dragon Ridge is back. Never liked that map.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Wait, we get the M10 panther? That's one I've been waiting for for ages.

Not because it's any good, but because it was wonderfully silly thing.

Also the UK tanks, which I shall love and adore regardless of actual ability.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Quick question for those who are in the public test...it says that it will require 4 gigs to update should I join. Will it really take up that much more space (I'm using a laptop here...any thing with the word 'gig' in it needs to be looked at closely). And if it does, it says to install it in another folder...does that mean I can delete it when the test is up?

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I want to make sure.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Yeah, basically you'll need a separate install for it. But you can get rid of it afterwards.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Agent Sorchus wrote:http://worldoftanks.com/news/1686-81-public-test-1/
check out the list of "new" premium tanks. ... Yep Panzer4 with the smallturm is back as a Tier 6 medium premium tank. I predict much complaining by german players once again.

Hey, that's only the stupid german tankers. The smart ones only complain about the E-100.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well I'm installing the test server launcher now. And it is going to be a while...so dang slow...
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I hate people who call arty cowards. Even more when they hid behind a rock or a building the whole game.

Especially since when a scout approaches I go into a frenzy if he fails to kill me upon seeing me. Sadly the M37 has shit armor and doesn't have any of it sloped like the M7 Priest, so it is quite literally a glass cannon. And the maneuverability is also shit, like any artillery piece.

EDIT: Well, not literally a glass cannon. But pretty darn close.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

The ELC is my resident glass cannon. Extreme firepower (with the 90mm) but horrid armor, and an equally horrid reload time. If you get tracked in that thing you're dead.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the test server...quite annoying since I want to try those British tanks darn it! :P

EDIT: And another quick question...all the stuff (the absurd free XP/Credits and the 20k gold) only works on the test server correct? It won't carry over when the server is taken down right?
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

No the test stuff goes when the test ends so enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, the British tanks seem pretty weak on paper so I'll be interested to here what people think of them.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well you'll hear my first impressions in a couple hours or so. Assuming this thing ever finishes updating.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
Agent Sorchus wrote:http://worldoftanks.com/news/1686-81-public-test-1/

Hey, that's only the stupid german tankers. The smart ones only complain about the E-100.
Yeah. Though "German tankers" and "Complainers" are genereally synonymous terms :P.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I resent that...I'm a German Tanker and I don't complain. :P
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Victory!
Battle: Serene Coast Friday, October 12, 2012 7:35:22 PM
Vehicle: S-51
Experience received: 2,018 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 25,600

And this is why I don't always like people staying to try and defend artillery. That battle had me playing direct fire at the end to take the enemy base, I killed both another S-51 and a Object 704 this way. Only light tanks are obnoxious to fight against, because other battles this week my only arty kills were point defense kills on mediums attacking arty. What I really don't want to do is see more than 2 tanks stop to take pot shots at scouts, it doesn't help your hit ratio and it doesn't help your team when you fail to take important positions on the map.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

First impressions from the test (yes it took THAT long to install):

The Konisch on the 3601 is a monster with the premium ammo...

The Brit T1 is a BIG boy...dwarfs the old T1 tanks. And it gets a Tier 3 gun for its top one. Quite fun, though it is very slow stock.

EDIT: Oh and Vanas, I got that M10 Panther. Trying it out now...will post impressions when I have a chance. Can't try any other new prems though, 20k gold is a lot...until you blow 8k of it on one tank. :P
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm not a good judge on how the M10 Panther compares to the base Panther...but my own observations.

Its fast...very fast for a T7 Medium of its size. The turret rotates really fast too. But its stuck with the L/70, which really is losing its effectivness at that rank. The MM is kinder by virtue of being a Premium tank though, which helps matters. All in all, I'm sad I'll lose it when the Test Server is closed.

As for the Brits...since I'm not just free XP blitzing to the T10's, I'm still at T2. And the pom-pom on the Cruiser 1 is the first auto-cannon I've liked since my PzII days.

More updates as I continue.

EDIT: If there is a (non-premium) tank that someone wants an impression of, just ask and I'll try it out.

EDIT Zwei: The Merican's got back the Sherman E4 as a T5 premium, for those who were around when it was more prevelant.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

So, the UK middle tier tanks are pretty much all great. The Black Prince particularly is forged out of Love and Slow.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:EDIT Zwei: The Merican's got back the Sherman E4 as a T5 premium, for those who were around when it was more prevelant.
Wait, they're selling the beta tester gift tank? Fuck that, I earned that piece of junk!
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:EDIT Zwei: The Merican's got back the Sherman E4 as a T5 premium, for those who were around when it was more prevelant.
Wait, they're selling the beta tester gift tank? Fuck that, I earned that piece of junk!
Yep, its right next to the T14. Not buying it myself, but it is back for the Test at least. Not sure if it will stay in 8.1 or not though.