XBox luvin': Fable

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

SPOOFE wrote: Oh well. Half Life 2, comin' up!
And after that, STALKER! :D
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

My current problem...is it realy is too short.

Sure, I can bang chicks, destroy the few villages and become the ultimate good or evil...but something are just inherently broken.

1. Age/Level cap: You hit 65...you get one reprieve back in aging if you dump a shitload to a temple but that's it...so no maxing out if you felt peckish enough.

2. Money is just so damned weird to come by. Sometimes you are aching for it...othertimes you have a boatload.

3. Combat is either rough or too damned easy.(Physical Shield is the MOST broken spell in the game)

4. The extras are what makes the game longer...by nearly twice. Going through it straight I can easily see the 10 hour gametime.

Ah well it was a fun romp...now back to Star OCean 3...and waiting for Halo 2, Half Life 2, and STALKER.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Tips:

Advancing in skills costs you .7 years of age for each level of advancement.

Advancing the main story arc costs you X year (I don't know exaclt how many, I ain't checked.)

To get teh uber sword in teh stone. Toughness must be maxed. Also Strength. (Ouch)

to have a shop and rent it out:

Marry into it (If your're good.) The shopkeeper will move in with you and vacate the shop. then buy it.
Or.
If you are a bastard from hell, charm the shopkeeper into following you out of town, and liberate their heads (Kill them)

Then buy their shop! :twisted:

To fuck your wife:
Charm her, be sweet, Sexy hero pose, flirt, give her gifts, etc. sometimes it takes a few minutes, she'll offer to go to bed with you. Bam. You're screwed.

To divorce:

Beat your wife. a little. Don't kill her, though. Also be mean. Make ugly faces and stuff.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Tip for big money:

Do the arena. Advance all the way up to the two rock trolls. Go back to the cells, (ie. DONT ADVANCE) then, once in the cells (The place you buy shit in the arena) Save hero. Then leave arena. VOILA! You have all the cash and exp you earned, and can now do the arena again from the beginning. 18,600 gold plus beaucoup exp. per time!!!

45,000 gold donation at the temple of Avo nets you Sentinus, the Legendary greatmace. give them EXACTLY 2 more gold after the 45k donation and you get 10 years of your life back. Great for making your character uber!!!!

Sacrifice people at the temple of skorm at midnight. Its worth more evilness.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Easy tips:

1. Rolling Dodge. Learn this...and you can beat the game at the tneder age of 19.

2. Physical shield: for those of us not obessed with patterns the easy way out. Laugh off everything, never get knocked down. Max it out....and buy mana potions.

3. Stupid and quick cash. Get good trophies...buy a home, decorate, sell home, bash in door, take trophies....wash rinse repeat(why you would need to do this...dunno)

4. How to trounce stuff easy....in the beginning there is a door after the Bandit camp by the bridge that offer you a Legendary weapon IF you do an evil enough act. 11 Crunchy Chicks later...you are the owner of a decent pickax...especially that early in the game.

There with those mighty tips, have fun. I mean you can find the rest pretty simply but really Fable is not made for needing Bard's Tale 2 level of insanity.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete