World of Tanks

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Re: World of Tanks Beta

Post by xthetenth »

So they've put up the preorder pricing and it kinda quite sucks. They're all huge, the smallest one starts at a bit more than $40 and the largest is around $90. So there goes a lot of my interest in the preorder packs, because if I have to plow 60+ dollars into a "free to play" game to get an actually neat bonus, that's way overboard and the packs are near useless, especially with a small discount that seems constant. If I'm plowing $90 into your game, I'd better be getting a bigger bonus than an upgunned and (I think) uparmored tank with probably the biggest silhouette. Like maybe a serious discount. Or offer smaller packs than the release price of a new game.

Link to announcement
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

I'm in the north america beta, username doom3607 (go figure), just about to get into german medium tanks. Any clans I could join/work for so I'll have some experience when it comes time to try my own evil conquest of the world? :twisted:
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Little less than three hours till the full game goes live. Drive 'em like ya stole 'em.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

I've got a hundred and twelve battles to go until I hit a thousand.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Across the line!

444 battles in one day. Hell, I may even play this game a little after release.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

I just noticed that the Alternate History forum is gone now.

Congratulations, Mr. Coffee (and others), you successfully trolled that forum so hard it had to be deleted. :lol:
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Well, it was a team effort. But yeah, I've got it confirmed from one of the super-mods that I play the game with that they killed Alt-Hist mostly to prevent all the butthurt whining from when me and xthetenth would go to town on stupid people. Also got told that, no, I can't add "Forums Killed: Alt-Hist" to my sig.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

It's a real shame they killed that forum, it was funny. Oh well, I'm just annoyed they junked the snark. There was some good sarcasm in that forum. Oh, and the game should be amusing when it goes live, I hope they get the US tank destroyers soon.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Aaand we're back up. LolTraktors *everywhere*.

T1 fighting is always some of the most fun.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Gervasius
Redshirt

Post by Gervasius »

Vanas wrote:Aaand we're back up. LolTraktors *everywhere*.

T1 fighting is always some of the most fun.
I beg to differ, but its Shermans everywhere :)
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Well, sure, if you've got the CB stuff. I only had 730-odd battles so, Lol all around. Well, that or the US Compensator.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

Ah, the LolTraktor... better known as a cheap and easily mass-produced method for removing tank crews of your you dislike. :twisted:
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Tier 5 heavies are already on the field.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Bloody hell. Gonna have to grind a lot to catch up when I can finally start playing tonight.

But yeah, T1 fights are cute.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I have to say, I'm liking The Compensator. It's like driving my King Tiger except the turret has armour and the tank doesn't.

It's excellent for leading thrusts, but sadly lacks staying power in prolonged engagements. Given the fire-rate though, once you've fired once, it's advisable to run away if you can.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Working the Soviet td tree, th German TD tree and the American light/medium tree. AngusMcAWESOME in game on the North American server. Also, xthetenth and I are working on the rest of WoT's OT forums to fuck with people. Give me a yell in game if you wanna play. If we get enough people interested for the North American server I might contemplate purchasing enough gold to build us a clan.
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

Need an experienced warmonger for some sort of field commander? :mrgreen:
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Probably going to focus mainly on the American medium tree. I sort of want to turn my garage into a Sherman showroom.

I might be inclined to get involved in a clan.

I'm feeling pretty spoiled by SDN right now since I've gotten into this shitstorm in Gameplay Discussion about platoons for free-to-play and I just want to scream at some of these guys something like "You fucking idiot shitbirds, pay attention to what I'm saying for fuck's sake!" Which is a little odd because I almost never swear here.

Anyway, I'll hit you up the next time I get on. Is there still an SDN channel?
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

If there isn't, one can be made. If a clan is being made with a bunch of SDN members, count me in if you could use someone going for German heavies. Also if you happen to need a rabid card-carrying evil overlord/psychotic wargamer. :twisted:
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Got an SDN chat channel up for the North American servers. Just search channels for SDN.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I'm down for a NA clan.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I'm in naturally.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

You know I'm up for it. The People's Republic of Fuck Yeah shall spread across the world map like a... cancer? That doesn't sound right.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

The WoT forum needs more treads about the Ratte. More... MORE!!!!
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

Nah, cancer sounds perfect. It's an all-consuming blight, after all. :mrgreen:

Fear the rise of the Evil Empire of SDN!