Anyone know where I can get SIMMs?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

You think that's old? I saw this ad in the paper just today where this guy was selling a Compaq word processor... running on 4 D-cell batteries... for $75, one owner only.

Somehow, I don't think he'll be able to unload what's a glorified *typewriter*... :lol:
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Akaramu Shinja
Little Stalker Boy

Post by Akaramu Shinja »

Just throw together a used newer system, can probably get ahold of a bucket load of P2 systems from leftover stock big companies sell off. Check eBay.
アカラム

I melt two faces in the morning. I melt two faces at night. I melt two faces in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright. I melt two faces in time of peace, and two in time of war. I melt two faces before I melt two faces, and then I melt two more. - Ballad of a PK
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

You could try dumpster diving.

Or, if you're not brave enough for that, there's always eBay. Just find some cheap, cheap, cheap P2 (or better) system that takes DIMMs, and load up on dirt-cheap SDRAM.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Elheru Aran wrote:You think that's old? I saw this ad in the paper just today where this guy was selling a Compaq word processor... running on 4 D-cell batteries... for $75, one owner only.

Somehow, I don't think he'll be able to unload what's a glorified *typewriter*... :lol:
I see ads all the time from people who think their 5 year old Gateway P3 system is worth $400 or so just because they paid over a grand for it brand new. :roll:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant