What would you hope to see in a/the live action series?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Abacus
Jedi Knight

Re: What would you hope to see in a/the live action series?

Post by Abacus »

I'd like to see Thrawn show up; as well as perhaps a few episodes that cover everything about Baron Soontir Fel that was found in the comic "The Making of Baron Fel," which would tie both characters into things fairly smoothly in my opinion. But I agree with what others said: it would be nice if Lucas didn't rape EU continuity just to make his own little ideas more suitable.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Well, maybe I think we can agree it'd be good if he raped the shittier parts of the EU continuity. :wink:
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Srelex wrote:Well, maybe I think we can agree it'd be good if he raped the shittier parts of the EU continuity. :wink:
Agreed.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Abacus wrote:I'd like to see Thrawn show up; as well as perhaps a few episodes that cover everything about Baron Soontir Fel that was found in the comic "The Making of Baron Fel," which would tie both characters into things fairly smoothly in my opinion. But I agree with what others said: it would be nice if Lucas didn't rape EU continuity just to make his own little ideas more suitable.
Would be cool to have a Thrawn appearance. Maybe have him as a lower-ranking officer, say a Star Destroyer captain. He pulls off some brilliant win, and their's a shot at the end of him being promoted to Admiral Thrawn (obviously, he can't be Grand Admiral until just before Endor unless they throw out a lot of canon).
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Abacus wrote:I'd like to see Thrawn show up; as well as perhaps a few episodes that cover everything about Baron Soontir Fel that was found in the comic "The Making of Baron Fel," which would tie both characters into things fairly smoothly in my opinion. But I agree with what others said: it would be nice if Lucas didn't rape EU continuity just to make his own little ideas more suitable.
Would be cool to have a Thrawn appearance. Maybe have him as a lower-ranking officer, say a Star Destroyer captain. He pulls off some brilliant win, and their's a shot at the end of him being promoted to Admiral Thrawn (obviously, he can't be Grand Admiral until just before Endor unless they throw out a lot of canon).
You should read or find a copy of "Rise of Baron Fel," the comic. There is a part where Thrawn is a ranking officer, I think Commander, and he plans an operation that Vader is commanding (and who gets the credit) and Fel notes that it must be him, not Vader, who pulled it off but didn't get any acknowledgment. Would be perfect for a few episodes.